PDA

View Full Version : Haynes St Free Mission - Morris Green

11-04-2005, 7:29 AM
I am looking for information on the Haynes St Free Mission. It was a breakaway from the St Bebes Church at Morris Green Bolton. My great great grandmother was Annie Povey and she married James Wolstenholme and her Uncle Joseph was one of the ministers of the Mission. All the family are surpose to be buried at the St Bebes graveyard but because I live in Australia it is a little hard to check. I was told that the Mission building was torn down around 20 to 25 years ago. I have been looking for this line for over 10 years and still have no leads. I have check for a marriage, birth and death on Annie but have not had much luck. I know that she had two sisters and that is about all that I have been told. Would ther be anyone who might be able to help or know of anyone else that I could contact, please. My email address is [email protected]. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Patricia

uksearch
11-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Hi There,

I can't really help you with your query.I don't know of a St Bebe at Morris Green but there is a St Bede's Church there.

UK

12-04-2005, 5:06 AM
Hi,

It is part of the St Bebe's Church that I am interested in. The Mission was a breakaway from the church. Do you know anything about the graveyard and the parish records? I was hoping that someone may have catalogued the graves or even had a regisiter of the names and dates of the graves. The Mission were able to preform marriages, deaths and christenings so the records may be with St Bebe's Church as well.
Patricia

uksearch
12-04-2005, 12:18 PM
I cannot give you much help with this one.I have copied and pasted this information from the Manchester libraries website and that is about as much as I know on the matter.

Bolton- St Bede, Morris Green
Baptisms-1917-1961- MFPR 604
Marriages-1932-1968- MFPR 604

UK

12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Thank you for this piece of information. I will follow it up and hopefully it will be a lead.
Thanks again
Patricia

29-04-2005, 12:17 AM
I went to the local Genealogy Society here in Australia and they don't have the fisches for Bolton- St Bede, Morris Green Baptisms-1917-1961- MFPR 604 and Marriages-1932-1968- MFPR 604. I even had a look on the Morman Church listings here as well and they are not there either. I have emailed and written to the Minster of St Bebe's Church in the last few days. So I am hoping he can help. Is their another avenue that I can follow while I am waiting for his reply?
Patricia

uksearch
29-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I would have thought it unlikely that your local Genealogy Society would have these events catalogued as MFPR 604.MFPR is Manchester Central Library speak for Manchester Film Parish Record.

UK