PDA

View Full Version : hearne

julie t
07-12-2009, 8:50 PM
Hi my name is hearne my family come from bushy in watford and boston in linc
my grandfathers name was john norris hearne and my grandmothers name was violet may johnson .if anyone has any info please contact me
thanks julie t

Procat
08-12-2009, 8:19 AM
Hi Julie t,

I have given your post a thread of it's own as it may attract more attention that way.

Pam Downes
08-12-2009, 9:31 AM
Hi Julie,
Welcome to the forum. |wave|
I've found the birth registrations of John in June quarter 1892, and Violet in September quarter 1892. Do you have their birth certificates? It's always recommended that you obtain the birth certificates of your direct ancestors to confirm who their parents were.
If you want help in obtaining those certificates, please ask. Especially as Violet has a very dodgy page number on her registration, so I would advise obtaining that certificate from Lincolnshire registration services rather than the GRO.
Have you found John and Violet on the census? Do you know the names of their siblings?
And most importantly, what do you already know, and what exactly would you like to find out? :)
Pam

Ann65
10-12-2009, 6:29 PM
Sounds to me, from the Norris Hearne connection, that you belong firmly in the family tree of Mullender Hearn/Hearne/Heron etc

I can recommend you check out on google search two sites: Romany Genes, and Romany Road. The former has absolutely masses of information for anyone researching gypsy families, and the second is run by someone who belongs with that family line.

Good luck

Ann

PS am very interested in any references to gypsy families who lived or had connections to Boston, Lincs (as my own family eventually settled there) so any and all info gratefully received.

julie t
11-12-2009, 9:37 AM
Hearne...
Hi Pat ..i do have john norris birth cert .but not violets ..i also have there marraige cert ..there seens to be more than one solomon Hearne a family member has been looking at the family tree .
but im coming up with different info than him so its all getting a bit confusing
We do now that my grandfathers family had som
ething to do with horeses .
so i dont know if thats were the romanies come in .

I do now that violets mothers name was marther glover

anymore info would be great
thanks julie t