PDA

View Full Version : BULLEN Cambridgeshire c1780

Jade26
30-11-2009, 9:07 PM
JOSEPH BULLEN born c1789 was married on 21st November 1811 at Oakington Cambridge to MARY TIBBS who was born about 1792 at Swavesey.

I have been in touch with a couple of other researchers who are descended from this couple and it seems that there is some disagreement about Joseph's parentage.

One person has him as being being baptised as the son of GEORGE BULLEN and his wife ANN (surname unknown) on 10th May 1778.

The other has him as having been baptised on 5th March 1789 as the bastard son of ANN BULLEN and states that his father was ADAM WING.

My own research shows that the Joseph Bullen baptised on 10th March 1778, son of George and Ann, died two and a half years later and was buried on 15th October 1780. So this Joseph cannot possibly be the one who married Mary Tibbs.

George Bullen, a labourer also died earlier that year and was buried on 21st April.

Five years later, a child by the name of Adam, base born son of ANN BULLEN and ADAM WING was buried on 11th June 1785.

On 5th March 1789, the baptism took place of JOSEPH BULLEN, bastard son of ANN BULLEN. The father's name was not recorded.

The above dates of baptisms and burials were shown to me as typed transcripts taken from the Toft Cambridgeshire General Parish Registers 1539 - 1875 LDS Film 1040559. I cannot get to a Family History Centre to order in this film so I am wondering if anyone with easy access to this Parish Register could check it for me to see if there is anything to substantiate the claim that Adam Wing was indeed the father of the Joseph Bullen baptised on 5th March 1789.

Also does anyone know if there were any Bastardy Bond records for this time period and if so, where they would be located?

Many thanks for any help on this.

Trish