PDA

View Full Version : Howlett

bejay
05-04-2005, 6:45 PM
edith annie Howlett b1889 chesterton (stafordshire) unable to progress any further, if anyone knows of the name or family please drop me a line.

Trish
06-04-2005, 5:17 AM
edith annie Howlett b1889 chesterton (stafordshire) unable to progress any further, if anyone knows of the name or family please drop me a line.I don't know if Chesterton is anywhere close to Tipton but how does this one look to you... 12-year-old Edith Howlett living at 26 [looks like...] Leabrook in Tipton?

Name / Age in 1901 / Birthplace Relationship / Occupation
John Sheldon 57 Tipton, Staffordshire, England Head [looks like...] General Labourer
Lattica Sheldon 60 Tipton, Staffordshire, England Wife
Elizabeth Howlett 19 Tipton, Staffordshire, England Daughter
Edith Howlett 12 Tipton, Staffordshire, England Daughter

Source information: RG13/2737
Registration district: Dudley
Sub-registration district: Tipton
ED, institution, or vessel: 27
Folio: 100
Page: 7
Household schedule number: 36

Regards,
Trish

Trish
06-04-2005, 5:26 AM
And, despite the name change, I think this is the same Edith in 1891... living at 114 Lea Brook Road in Tipton:

Name / Age in 1891 / Birthplace Relationship / Occupation
Howl, William 37 Wednesbury, Staffordshire Head Engine Driver
Howl, Eliza 34 Wednesbury, Staffordshire Wife
Howl, William 15 Tipton, Staffordshire Son Iron Worker
Howl, Betsy A 13 Tipton, Staffordshire Daughter
Howl, Alice 11 Tipton, Staffordshire Daughter
Howl, Elizabeth 9 Tipton, Staffordshire Daughter Scholar
Howl, Edith 2 Tipton, Staffordshire Daughter
Howl, Beatrice 5/12 Tipton, Staffordshire Daughter

Source information: RG12/2286
Registration district: Dudley
Sub registration district: Tipton
ED, institution, or vessel: 23
Folio: 30
Page: 21

Trish
06-04-2005, 5:39 AM
I just took a closer look at the 1901 entry and I think there's possibly an error and the name is really HOWL not HOWLETT as transcribed. Also, it looks like Edith and Elizabeth are actually granddaughters, not daughters, of the Sheldons -- which makes more sense.

So... I don't know if this could be your Edith or not -- she's the only one I see on the census who comes close to your description.

Trish

bejay
06-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks Trish
you have been a treasure it is the nearest I have been able to find up to now. Tipton is not that far away from Chesterton so it could have been that they where visiting their Grandparents at trhe time of the census. Anyway it is something to follow up, thanks once again
Brian

Trish
10-04-2005, 1:33 PM
... Tipton is not that far away from Chesterton so it could have been that they where visiting their Grandparents at trhe time of the census. Anyway it is something to follow up, thanks once again
Brian You are most welcome and good luck, Brian. Let us know how you progress...

Trish

Joolzp
14-02-2016, 3:07 PM
I guess this is old news but I am William Howls great grandson , his daughter Alice was my paternal grand mother

christanel
14-02-2016, 9:00 PM
Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Joolzp

bejay hasn't been on the forum since this post in 2005 but if they still have the same email address they should receive notification of your post.

Christina

Joolzp
15-02-2016, 5:17 PM
Thank you , I realise it's a bit of a no hoper ....