PDA

View Full Version : Graham/Groves, St. Peters East, Oxford

DAPowell
01-11-2009, 3:09 PM
I am seeking information on the marriage of William Graham and Elizabeth Groves probably at St. Peters East in Oxford in ~1825. I am also interested in their children and parents. Does anyone have access to the St. Peters East parish records?
Thank you

Wendy Archer
02-11-2009, 5:55 AM
I am seeking information on the marriage of William Graham and Elizabeth Groves probably at St. Peters East in Oxford in ~1825. I am also interested in their children and parents. Does anyone have access to the St. Peters East parish records?
Thank you

Hello -
Oxfordshire Family History Societyhas transcribed the St Peter in the East registers. There's a help button on the Society's front page, and also a Search Services, as well as the transcripts on CD. Here you are, compliments of OFHS:

Oxfordshire Marriage Index - Husbands [1538-1837]
Search carried out on 02/11/2009 from an Index dated 04/04/2008 using the Search Services of the Oxfordshire Family History Society

Husband Forename From Married at Wife Forename From Year Date
GRAHAM William OX StPeter E OX St Mary Virgin GROVES Elizabeth 1825 26 Feb

The Oxford City baptism index gives a William GRAHAM bapt 1800 in St Peter in the East - full details:
1800 Apr 30 GRAHAM William s Christopher Mary

You asked about the children - looking in St Peter in the East gives:

1826 Apr 28 GRAHAM William s William Elizabeth Bookseller High St
1829 Jan 25 GRAHAM John s William Elizabeth Bookseller High St
1834 Jan 15 GRAHAM [JENKINS crossed out] Henry s William Elizabeth Bookseller High St
1835 Jul 15 GRAHAM Louisa d William Elizabeth Bookseller High St born Apr. 12, 1835

I hope this helps.

Wendy

DAPowell
03-11-2009, 1:15 PM
Wendy,
Thank you very much. I will be sure to check out the OFHS.
Dave Powell