PDA

View Full Version : Beth Din Lookup Please

rayh
15-10-2009, 12:53 AM
If anyone is going to the Beth Din I am wondering if it would be possible to do a lookup.
The family I'd like to know more about is HART, Zalig Solomon. I have a good deal on the family even a possible name change as we go further back. I would like to try researching it 1/ as far back as possible, 2/ direct from Beth Din records. More information available.
There is also a possible connection to Joan Collins the actress, no fussed about this really. But if that is where we are lead, then that's ok.

Very best to all, Ray

michaelpipe
15-10-2009, 2:28 AM
You might need to indicate which country, although I suppose you mean Melbourne or Sydney.

rayh
15-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi Michael,
No sorry I didn't mean anywhere in Australia. What I've said in my first posting shows my ignorance in the Jewish establishment. When I said Beth Din, the only Beth Din I know of is in London [Finchley], forgive my ignorance if they are elsewhere.
So my request is for a look up for the HART family from Benjamin [1851] and siblings, his father Zalig Solomon HART, and beyond.
I have more but would love to know if tallies with the Beth Din, London Beth Din records.
Very to you and yours, Ray

michaelpipe
16-10-2009, 1:57 AM
Hello Ray, perhaps the attached page might help.

www.
british-jewry.org.uk/misc/bethdin.htm

Ladkyis
16-10-2009, 7:20 AM
One cannot just look at Beth din records. They have one person who does the research and they charge a lot of money for it. Email and ask, you might get a reply eventually

rayh
17-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Rats, more ignorance on my part!
I'm learning more on this than I care to because it is all negative.

Ladkyis, I do understand your thoughts on the prices you pay at the Beth Din. I then think about exchange rates from country to county. If any of the agencies ever come up with a price based on say the the Euro/Europe, Dollar/US, and Dollar/Australian surely this would bring more folk into genealogy.
You may not make as much on one unit but there would be two or three units sold through the extra interest.

If that were not possible then create agencies into above mentioned areas with the data.

Very best, Ray [from a wonderfully wet Melbourne]