PDA

View Full Version : When did you last yell in delight?

David Tuson
11-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Saturday 10 October was a highly successful day for me. My birthday and Christmas roled into one!!!!

By email -- I received six photographs from a Coastguard's Forum member about Moville and its coastguard station c.1887 where one of my grandparents served in the 1890s.

By snail mail -- (1) two sets of military records for Tuson family members who served in
World War 1
---- (2) photographs of six letters about a family member if the 1850-1860 period, and
---- (3) a birth certificate and a marriage certificate for ancestors on my mother's family tree

I guess I've got quite a lot of reading and updating to my records in the next few days. Perhaps I should pray for rain so I can stay indoors instead of cutting the grass outside!!!

David

christanel
11-10-2009, 3:11 AM
Oh David
Brilliant. I am soooo jealous. Photographs!
Maybe we should let others know that there is still a postal delivery on Saturday in NZ.
Christina

Ladkyis
11-10-2009, 7:58 AM
10 december? or is that wishful thinking to take you closer to the real Christmas day?
I can edit it if you like, PM me.

David Tuson
11-10-2009, 11:43 PM
10 december? or is that wishful thinking to take you closer to the real Christmas day?
I can edit it if you like, PM me.

It should have been October!!! My excuse - my 65th birthday is looming large on the horizon!

Nicolina
11-10-2009, 11:47 PM
just remember that 65 is just a number, and enjoy it.

David Tuson
12-10-2009, 3:21 AM
just remember that 65 is just a number, and enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to it actually.
Freedom for my wife and I to please ourselves what we do and when we do it. I've got so many tasks lined up I'll certainly not be bored - just need to remember to find time for my FORUM FIX each day!!