PDA

View Full Version : News Flash: Brick Wall Felled. Oh Joy!!

Waitabit
22-09-2009, 11:46 PM
No, I still can't get into Quick links or new Posts, but for show & tell:.......

From Brickwalls -22.6.2009 (in part)

Edward
22 6 2009
Edward MARTIN c.1811 Bermondsey

Edward MARTIN married Elizabeth Rose PETERS, daughter of John PETERS and Sarah, MRS PETERS on 15 Apr 1832 in St.George The Martyr, Southwark.London.
Marriage: 15 Apr 1832, St.George The Martyr, Southwark.London. Witnesses at Edward & Elizabeth's wedding were Joseph Martin & Mary Ann Martin. Not known if they are related to Edward
Ages vary a little & MARTIN name varies a lot!

I do wish I knew who my Gt.G'Dad EDWARD MARTIN was.
|nopity|

Todays Mail from my Cousin in Kent, she has just found the marriage of Joseph & Maria & the Baptism of their Son Edward.....online! IGI copy has "George" as the Father.

I now know who my Gt'GDads were. Thanks to all those who popped in & tried to help.

I did waitabit, 'tis only grey notices keep me waiting forever.
http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/3.gif

v.wells
23-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Tremendous news Wendy! Now you can move on and bang down some more brick walls :D

spison
23-09-2009, 6:12 AM
Terrific result Waitabit,

Onto the next joust?|jedi|

Jane

susan-y
23-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Way to go Wendy!! Send some vibes my way, please!

Sue

MythicalMarian
23-09-2009, 6:11 PM
Thrilled for you Wendy - the ones that take the longest are always the most satisfying finds. :)

I must admit I was quite happy on Ancesspit last night - now that a heap of images from London parishes have come on line I found one or two little treasures for my database, including the full entry of a marriage that had previously only been the barest bones on Pallott's.

So let's all hang on in there, folks.

Waitabit
23-09-2009, 9:20 PM
Vanessa I think I may have to hand over some more money to A..y to continue these works.

Jousting Jane? I'm fiesty but tiring fast.

Sue, wishes aimed your way.

MythicalMarian, if that's true I have some glorious news coming up from Liverpool. (wish)
Hoping you all have simlar good finds

MythicalMarian
23-09-2009, 10:27 PM
MythicalMarian, if that's true I have some glorious news coming up from Liverpool. (wish)
Hoping you all have simlar good finds

Wendy - if you need anything looking up in Liverpool speak now or forever hold your peace :) I'm off to the central library THIS Friday to tie up a few ends of my own, so I'd be willing to have a look for you. Just let me know by tomorrow midnight our time (GMT).

Waitabit
24-09-2009, 6:22 AM
Mythical marian, more than kind offer.
I don't know what to ask for as the two Gt.G'Parents ages were a guess.
Hannah Mitchell(nee Pendlebury) last spotted on the 1851 census aged 55 with son Thomas. ( I believe)
Her death as Wife/Widow of John would be a find.
Her Husband John last seen in writing as Father of son Thomas at Christening Feb.1840 St.Peters. tho' I guess he didn't have to be there for that. John a Mariner of some kind.

So grateful for any scatterings of news. but perhaps I've had my supply for this month. oh, what's the time there?

Thankyou,
Wendy

MythicalMarian
24-09-2009, 7:24 PM
Mythical marian, more than kind offer.
I don't know what to ask for as the two Gt.G'Parents ages were a guess.
Hannah Mitchell(nee Pendlebury) last spotted on the 1851 census aged 55 with son Thomas. ( I believe)
Her death as Wife/Widow of John would be a find.
Her Husband John last seen in writing as Father of son Thomas at Christening Feb.1840 St.Peters. tho' I guess he didn't have to be there for that. John a Mariner of some kind.

So grateful for any scatterings of news. but perhaps I've had my supply for this month. oh, what's the time there?

Thankyou,
Wendy

You're well in time, Wendy - I'll have a scout about for you tomorrow.