PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong/Oram families of Hartlepool/Middlesborough

asherman
27-03-2005, 2:18 PM
I am trying to trace relatives of my gt grandfather Robert Musgrave Armstrong. he was born in Stranton, Hartlepool in 1877, the 10th child of Robert Fell Armstrong and Jane nee Musgrave. In August 1894 Robert married Jane Ann Oram (dtr of William Oram and Margaret Jane nee Robinson) in Middlesborough and their daughter Florence May was born in November 1894 in Hartlepool. At some point they seperated (various family ideas of travel to Canada/Sth Africa and infidelity), however in 1901 Jane Ann and Florence where living with Janes married sister Isabella (H)uttley, whilst Robert was back at his parents home. The following year Sidney Rothery Armstrong, was born in Hartlepool. His birth cert gives both Jane Ann and Robert to be his parents. By 1903 Robert was living in Hull with Elizabeth Hunter Wilson, and their daughter Elizabeth Gertrude (and using the surname of Carr). We do not know what happened to Jane Ann or her son. Florence later lived with her father in Hull. If anyone has any knowledge of this family and what happened to them

Jo Simpsons
12-04-2005, 9:30 AM
Are you a member of genesreunited? There are 2 members showing with the same names and areas you have said.

Jo :)

asherman
13-04-2005, 8:50 PM
Hi Jo

Yes I am a member of genesreunited.

Thanks

Anne

Jo Simpsons
13-04-2005, 9:00 PM
Hi Anne,

have you been in touch with the other member then?
Hope you get some luck.
Jo :)

asherman
20-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Sorry Jo

Didnt get notification about your last message (at least I dont rmember).

Yes I have been in touch with the member and had a long "conversation" about our mutual family connections. However she has also drawn a blank about Jane Ann, and what happened between her and Robert.

Anne