PDA

View Full Version : June,1940 photo.

Lynnette
15-09-2009, 8:00 PM
please can someone suggest a site that would identify the uniform which I think is RAF.Having trouble uploading photo.

Geoffers
17-09-2009, 1:05 PM
please can someone suggest a site that would identify the uniform which I think is RAF.Having trouble uploading photo.

If you're sure it's RAF, you might try ww2wings.com - move your cursor over Britain RAF and selet from the drop down list. Possibly one of the photos will help to identify the indistinct insignia on the epaulette.

Jane Gee
17-09-2009, 2:47 PM
Hi Lynette
My Dad was in the Raf during the 2nd world war where he was a flight engineer and I have to say it doesnt look like a raf uniform.
I think the only way you will find out for definite is to show it to a museum.
Good luck
Jane

Joe Duffy
17-09-2009, 2:47 PM
Wait! I know that handsome young guy. Hold on, it'll come to me in a minute.... It's...It's... Jack Russell.|oopsredfa. Sorry, couldn't resist it.|blush|

Lynnette
17-09-2009, 7:50 PM
many thanks to Finbar,Jane,Geoffers,and Joe(Jack Russell).The people in photo were from Wolverhampton.I wish my Grandmother had identified her photos.I have just obtained the old album.Slowly sorting them out.

Neil Wilson
18-09-2009, 6:12 PM
I don't think it was RAF.
The shoulder flashes (eagle for RAF) doesn't appear to be in the right place, the badge appears more on the shoulder and not on top of the arm.
The lanyard would suggest a type of troop leader??