PDA

View Full Version : Williams Marriage 1760s Droitwich

t@nya
04-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Hello. :)

I was hoping that someone has access to the Worcestershire Marriage Index (or is going to the record office in the future) and can lookup the following marriage for me:

William Williams to Nancy in the 1760s (maybe 1750s). They baptised their first child in 1768 in Dodderhill. That child went on to marry to Doverdale (so I suppose they might have married there as well).

There's also another completely different couple with similar names (William Williams and his wife Ann) also baptising children in Dodderhill at around the same time (the first was baptised in 1760). I thought it was the same couple at first, but they baptised a few of their children in the same year as my ancestors. I can't find their marriage either.

Any help in finding the marriage (and Nancy's maiden name) would be appreciated. |help|

t@nya
04-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Oops, should have said Droitwich area. I'm pretty sure they didn't marry in Droitwich itself :o

t@nya
05-09-2009, 4:34 AM
Just got a reply from a family history society. They couldn't find any marriage of a William Williams to an Ann or a Nancy in the Droitwich area. Back to the drawing board. :(