PDA

View Full Version : Dyfed Family History Society

Stephen Evans
01-09-2009, 5:51 AM
Having been unable as a member of this Society, to gain access to the members Forum, could someone on the Commitee pull their fingers out and get the page running after nearly three months!!!!!|scold||banghead||rant|:mad:|soapbox|

ChristineR
01-09-2009, 6:06 AM
As a Moderator of BG Forums, I am unable to see that there is actually a Dyfed family History private forum being hosted here as yet.

Maybe there was not sufficient member interest for them to go that step further to come here.

Pam Downes
01-09-2009, 8:02 AM
I think Stephen means accessing the members-only pages on the Dyfed FHS website.
In which case Stephen I'm afraid you're complaining to the wrong people. Brit-Gen forums have no connection to Dyfed FHS.
Pam

Stephen Evans
01-09-2009, 1:48 PM
Apologies for the mistake, e-mails to the Society go unanswered, so thought of another option.

Carmy
01-09-2009, 2:35 PM
Hi Stephen,

Have you tried contacting the individual county societies? They might have information on what is happening with DFS.

Have you tried researching through the links on this site? There are many knowledgeable people here who are happy to help.

Ladkyis
01-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Stephen,

Have a look here

http://www.fhswales.org.uk/

if you don't receive a reply from Dyfed then contact the Chairman of the AFHSW - he should be able to find someone to answer you.

Oh but do remember that sometimes people who are officers in societies can take a little while to answer.
I wouldn't start wondering until at least two weeks had passed because most societies tend to think of email as they do of snail mail and so they pass the message on to the relevant person the next time they see them instead of forwarding the email.
I'm not saying this has happened here I am saying that it can happen in even the best run society.