PDA

View Full Version : Contributing to genealogy publications?

benny1982
27-08-2009, 9:30 PM
Hi

I read a FH magazine 3 years ago and the author of Life In The Victoria Workhouse was asking for people to contribute their stories so I emailed her and sent her two stories of two ancestors who ended up in the workhouse. My name has been mentioned in the book as have the two stories.

I have also contributed to her latest book Life In The Victorian Hospital. I am a sort of mini celeb. :D Would any of you ever contribute to an upcoming book on genealogy or have you done so already?

Ben

NFurniss
27-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi

I have also contributed to her latest book Life In The Victorian Hospital. I am a sort of mini celeb. :D Would any of you ever contribute to an upcoming book on genealogy or have you done so already?

Ben

Not half, Ben. Just give me half a chance. As you are a mini celeb, can I have a mini autograph please?

benny1982
28-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Not half, Ben. Just give me half a chance. As you are a mini celeb, can I have a mini autograph please?

Benjamin

That is my mini autograph. |jumphappy

I have not yet had a look at the book in the shops but it will probably be an interesting read for genealogists.

Ben

NFurniss
28-08-2009, 7:55 PM
Benjamin

I have not yet had a look at the book in the shops but it will probably be an interesting read for genealogists.

Ben

I have Waterstones and Amazon in my face nearly every day. I shall have to buy something sooner or later. I shall search for Life in . . . to see what comes up.

benny1982
03-09-2009, 4:36 PM
Hi

It should be an interesting read. I hope to make contributions to more genealogy books or even write one myself.

Ben