Can anyone please give me more details on the marriages of;

Margaret Mayer September 1884 - Cardiff

Daniel Mayers March 1885 - Cardiff

Also on the birth of Ellen Mayers March 1859, Cardiff

Help much appreciated.
Pauline

MarkJ
21-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Looking at your question, it appears that you have already seen the reference details for these marriages? If not, please let us know and we will be able to locate the references.

Once you have those reference numbers, you can order the marriage and birth certificates.
If you are asking if someone can provide the actual certificate details, then the answer will be no - unless someone else on the forum already has those certificates. The only way to see the details is to oder the certificates I am afraid.

Mark

paulineS
21-08-2009, 9:45 PM
Thanks Mark - I'm having great difficulty with Mayers, it seems as though they may have changed it to Smith so I just wanted to see if there was any connection between these Mayers. Could people just change their names in the 1870's without going through any legal process?

MarkJ
21-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Yes they could :) Even today, there is no legal requirement to have a change of name done "officially". The only stipulation is that the change of name is not done to commit a crime - e.g fraud for example. Of course, if you need a passport or driving licence in the new name, you have to go through one of the legal channels but back in the 1870's, that would not be a consideration of course for most people!
I have written a bit more about the change of names elsewhere on the forum (but I can't recall the thread now!)

Mark