PDA

View Full Version : Forum Etiquette

Colin Rowledge
19-08-2009, 4:12 PM
I want to post a thread about someone still alive who is now 91 years old. His father is unknown, however his mother, her 2 brothersand 1 sisterand their spouses along with the grandparents are all deceased.

Can I start such a thread and how much information should I insert at the start?

Thanks

MarkJ
19-08-2009, 4:30 PM
Not sure what info you are after here Colin. If you wish to research the living person and his descendants perhaps, then the AUP prevents that.
But if you are intending to research the living persons mother and father, then that is fine - I doubt you would need to post details on the living person in this case.
Getting hold of the birth certificate for the living person would give a fathers name (assuming one was given).

I have moved the thread to Brit-Gen discussion which is probably a better location :)

Mark

Colin Rowledge
19-08-2009, 4:39 PM
Hi Mark

We're talking about my Dad. I did start a tread back in January 2008 but is has since been closed.

No Father's name shown on B/C.

MarkJ
19-08-2009, 5:31 PM
The thread in the Adoptions forum I presume Colin? The one mentioning football?

I think that thread probably covers things as far as tracing your fathers father - i.e it is quite unlikely that he can be traced.
As Peter says in that thread, you *might* be able to confirm the QPR link by chasing down records, but one half of the story being found to be true does not guarantee the other half is also true.

Unless you have new information, I would not open a new thread.

Mark

Astoria
19-08-2009, 5:34 PM
Hi Colin,

I have read your original thread (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=123062#post123062) if this is the one you refer to.

According to my hubbie, Queens Park Rangers were founded in 1882, most football clubs have records going back to day one - somewhere. :) There could not have been many German goalies who played for the team back then, though now I suppose it would be quite common. He suggests you contact -

The Club Secretary

Queens Park Rangers FC
Loftus Road Stadium
South Africa Road
LONDON W12 7PJ

020 8743 0262 UK Telephone Number

Or join a QPR forum, there will be fans with an interest in the history of the club.

But please stay here with us too :D

Colin Rowledge
19-08-2009, 5:41 PM
Thanks Mark - you are correct on the original thread. Had no luck with QPR.

My Dad's Mum and her husband moved to New Zealand in the late 1940's and to Australia in the early 1950's. They lived in Lane Cove near Forestville NSW. She passed away [date unknown] and is probably buried close by- her married name was Florence Priscilla Fanning. Upon my own wedding in 1972 I inherited all their wedding presents. Her husband - Reginald George Fanning - came over for that. He eventually returned to England where he passed away [again date unknown].

It's unlikely that any obit notices would include my Dad, but if people would care to try and find those notices, I'd really appreciate it.

Colin

Colin Rowledge
19-08-2009, 5:44 PM
Hi Astoria.

So much of the information Dad provided in early 2008 about Football and the German he says is wrong but then he is 91. Not sure what to believe any more.

Colin

Nicolina
19-08-2009, 7:46 PM
this might be of interest Colin
1901 Census:
RG13/650/122 Page: 43
52, Palace Road, Penge (Kent), Penge
FANNING, Thomas D Head Widower M 69 1832 Attendant At C Palace b. Whitechapel, London
FANNING, Albert D Son Married M 34 1867 Traveller Fancey Stationery b. Norwood, Surrey
FANNING, Ellen F Daughter Married F 35 1866 b. Guildford, Surrey
FANNING, Eva E Grand Daughter F 7 1894 b. Bermondsey, London
FANNING, Alfred D Grand Son M 4 1897 b. Bermondsey, London VIEW
FANNING, Margaret F Grand Daughter F 2 1899 b. Penge, Surrey
BEER, Alice Servant Single F 17 1884 b. Newhaven, Sussex
ACKERMAN, Frederick H Son-In-Law Single M 28 1873 Clerk b. Stepney, London

I do have other information that I'll PM to you.

Colin Rowledge
19-08-2009, 8:15 PM
Thanks Nicolina, I've replied to your PM. Please proceed as you see fit
Thanks