PDA

View Full Version : Missing Scottish Counties

David Sherriff
20-03-2005, 9:15 PM
I see that the Scottish Counties are not complete at present. It was brought to my attention when I found that I could not post to Roxburghshire. If the remaining Scottish Counties were added, and the words "to be added" removed from the Scottish Place heading, it might increase the useage of the Scottish Section. The use of the Scottish section has been low so far, with the honourable exception of Sutherland, where they have been "fair goin their dinger", to use the vernacular!!! |help|

Scottie
21-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Perhaps the lack of traffic in the Scottish counties is because all the records are available on line although you have to pay!! I found that posting to both Perthshire and the main Scottish forum actually got me a contact on the main forum not the dedicated county. I have also noticed a distinct lack of response on the Perthshire list with Rootsweb. I have been on there for months and there is no traffic at all

David Sherriff
21-03-2005, 7:51 PM
Yes, I am a member of the Rootsweb lists for East Lothian, and Berwickshire, and there are very few postings to those lists. It may be due to this area always having been relatively sparsly populated. However, I wondered if the words "to be added" next to the Scottish places, might put off some visitors from exploring further. There are still a few Scottish Censuses to be added to the pay sites.

arthurk
21-03-2005, 9:06 PM
I have also noticed a distinct lack of response on the Perthshire list with Rootsweb. I have been on there for months and there is no traffic at allFunny (if you mean this literally) - I'm on the Rootsweb Perthshire list and there's a trickle of messages. There were problems on the Rootsweb servers a couple of months ago - might you have been accidentally unsubscribed?

Arthur

(NB - The Perthshire names in the list below are Kennedy and Campbell, though most of the time I'm busy on the others - mostly Yorkshire.)

Scottie
22-03-2005, 9:54 AM
Sorry Arthur I was exaggerating a bit :o . I have seen one or two. The response on this forum was spectacular for me though and I had two new cousins in a matter of days |woohoo| I guess I am just spoiled here in Cornwall where there is so much information and most of it free.

Lesley Robertson
22-03-2005, 10:21 AM
And of course, until Rod gets around to adding the last counties, messages are always more than welcome on the general scottish section!
Lesley

Rod Neep
22-03-2005, 11:17 AM
I'll do it... I'll do it... honest... soon!;)

I'm off to Ireland for the official opening of Archive CD Books Ireland (leaving in 5 minutes time), and will be back Thursday.

Remind me at the weekend and I'll do it then.
Cheers
Rod

Guy Etchells
22-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Watch out for leprechauns & banshees
Cheers
Guy

arthurk
22-03-2005, 8:00 PM
Sorry Arthur I was exaggerating a bit. That's OK - I know I sometimes take things too literally ;)
Arthur