PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of Merthyr Morgan

Mgtcddy
17-08-2009, 12:09 PM
|bowdown|Any help appreciated on this.1891 Census RG12/4440
147 High St Penydarren. Family of George Morgan, wife Leah (nee Evans). Seven sons and two daughters age range 5 to 23 years. BY 1901 Mother died and family split up. We know where George Snr was, where David and Alice were, we think Evan was living with brother Michael and wife Catherine.

Interested in what happened to any of them. In1891 George Jnr the son was 23, John was 21, Matthew 18, Michael 15, Thomas 13, Sarah 7 Evan 6,
Only clues, a photograph of Evan and wife and two sons with the words, to my sister Alice From loving brother Evan. We think one of the boys began with "W" and the other could have been "E". I seem to remember Walter and Willy George and the last known address of the latter was a street just off Georgetown Square not far from the Chip Shop. I last spoke with him to invite him to my Mother's Funeral in 1997. He had been recently been bereaved of his wife just before that date so did not attend. Had no contact with him since. If anyone knows anything about this family, please contact me. Thank you

Mgtcddy
17-08-2009, 3:22 PM
:)|George Morgan was a Blacksmith.He was my GGF.David one of his sons was my Grandfather.He died in the1930s when my mother was a teenager.There was very little in the way of oral tradition.We really are stuck as to what to do next.|help|