PDA

View Full Version : Indian Births

SBSFamilyhistory
07-08-2009, 3:41 PM
Help

I have found a marriage for a George Saul to a Margaret McConnell in Madras.

I know that their son, also, George 1892 was born in Madras. Margaret was also born in Madras. I have looked on FBIS and can only find the marriage.

Has anyone any ideas on how we can find birth information?

Sue

lesleys
07-08-2009, 3:46 PM
IGI has :

George William Saul born 24 April 1891, baptised 08 MAY 1891, Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
son of George and Margaret

SBSFamilyhistory
07-08-2009, 9:14 PM
thanks, from information I have been given by David, his grandson, I thought his middle initial was E, but who knows. I will check the IGI to see where the infor came from.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Sue

Geoffers
07-08-2009, 9:31 PM
I have found a marriage for a George Saul to a Margaret McConnell in Madras.
I know that their son, also, George 1892 was born in Madras.
Has anyone any ideas on how we can find birth information?

You may have already tried these:

Consular births index (on pay-per-view sites).

Army births index and index to regimental registers of births (also on pay-per-view sites).

British Library India Office, FIBIS, Family History Search

grahamyapp
15-11-2010, 4:25 PM
Sue,
Hello from a direct descendant of George Saul (Sr) and Margaret McConnell. My great grandmother Martha Ellen Saul (whom I met a few times as a youngster) was the next child born to George and Margaret after the family returned to England. I see that your post is dated 2006 but let me know if you are still looking.
Cheers
Graham

SBSFamilyhistory
15-11-2010, 9:10 PM
Hi Graham

the son of George and Margaret, Edward, married the youngest sister of my grandfather. If you want to know more about their marriage then contact me by PM or email

Sue Burrows Simpson

PS the 2006 refers to when I joined this merry band the date of the thread is shown above the entry, in this case August 2009

SBSFamilyhistory
16-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Graham see my reply to email

I hope it does not shock you

Sue