PDA

View Full Version : Knight of Old, Faxton,Weedon Beck.

Clifjade
03-08-2009, 9:35 AM
1. JOB KNIGHT (HENRY1) was born 1735 in Faxton Northants, and died 1795 in Weedon Beck Northants.
He married MARY WOOD 31 Mar 1759 in Old Northamptonshire1, daughter of GEORGE WOOD and ANN UNKNOWN. She was born 1738 in Old Northants, and died 1799 in Weedon Beck Northants

I am looking for connecting Knights descended from this couple who had 14 children born Old / Weedon Beck.
I believe one son George 'could ' be mine he moved to Burley, Rutland where his children have identical Christian names as what would be his siblings and fhis first 2 children posibly named after his mother and father - Job and Mary....thats the sum total of my evidence thus far..Christian names !.

Clifjade

janbooth
03-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Looking for the possible marriage of a George WOOD on the Northants Marriage Index, I noticed that, according to the Index, Job KNIGHT and Mary WOOD, both of the parish, were married on 5th February 1758 at Old C of E. Did you get your date for their marriage from the parish registers or from the IGI in which case it may be incorrect.

I think I may have found George WOOD's marriage for you. There is a marriage on the Index at Sibbertoft C of E on 21 January 1724 of a George WOOD, of Old, and an Anne MOIRS, of the parish.

HTH

Janet

Clifjade
03-08-2009, 11:35 PM
A fellow Knight researcher gets all the credit for the Northhants research ( though I have always had an inkling they were from there) and she has been going through the Parish Records at her local LDS Centre.
I have em'd the queeries to her and expect a reply tomorow.