PDA

View Full Version : Picohax

Robin
11-10-2004, 7:55 PM
Anybody seen heard this name in NORFOLK?
Jonn MANFI(E)LD married Judith PICHOHAX 1660 ish
Any sightings welcome
robin

Geoffers
12-05-2005, 4:26 PM
Anybody seen heard this name in NORFOLK?
Jonn MANFI(E)LD married Judith PICHOHAX 1660 ish
Any sightings welcome
robin
I've been looking through books for quite a while for this one, without success. I am now inclined to believe that Pichohax is a transcription error. In working through some documents from this period, I've found a couple of initial letters which could be mistaken for 'P', but in fact have turned out to be the letter 'L' with a large swirl at the top of the letter. At the other end of the name, I've also found the letters 'ar' which have been written in a way which could be mistaken for 'ax - and also 'ee' which initially appeared as a letter 'x'. So, I've had a name something like 'Lichohee' or 'Lichohar' working away in the back of my mind and trying to make sense of it. As names, they seemed no more likely than 'Pichohax'.

Now separately, I've been wroking on an index to the apprenticeship records and have just come across two entries for the surname LAC(C)OHEE - both relate to Norwich in the 1720's. Now this may lead you completely up the wrong path, but I just thought I'd mention it as something to consider.

Geoffers

G.V.Ford
13-05-2005, 12:55 AM
For interest (or not) an Ann Laccohee married Wm Fulcher Horner in Norwich in 1819. Laccohee must have been an established name in Norfolk.

Geoff .

Robin
17-05-2005, 5:49 PM
Thanks for those will pass to mother-in-law.