PDA

View Full Version : Drewery in Moulton 1841

Trevor
11-10-2004, 7:49 PM
Hello All,

My GG Grandmother 'Eldred Drewery' was born on 24 June 1840 in Moulton. Her mother 'Sarah Whitfield' was a widow, and her late husband 'Jarman' is not named on the birth certificate.
Sarah died in about 1845, and in the 1851 census, Eldred is in Spalding Workhouse. :(
What I am hoping is that somebody has access to the 1841 census and can find them, and anybody else at the same address, any information would be most welcome, from any source!

Thank you in anticipation,
Trevor

Procat
12-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Hello All,

My GG Grandmother 'Eldred Drewery' was born on 24 June 1840 in Moulton. Her mother 'Sarah Whitfield' was a widow, and her late husband 'Jarman' is not named on the birth certificate.
Sarah died in about 1845, and in the 1851 census, Eldred is in Spalding Workhouse. :(
What I am hoping is that somebody has access to the 1841 census and can find them, and anybody else at the same address, any information would be most welcome, from any source!

Thank you in anticipation,
Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I have searched the Moulton village and parish for 1841 for Moulton/Drewery/Jarman with no success unfortunately. :( Some parts are very faint however so I may have missed them.

Regards,

Trevor
12-10-2004, 7:20 PM
'Procat'

Thanks for looking, faint documents, Oh for a cure!!!!!

Trevor

john boardman
05-11-2004, 4:40 PM
Dear Trevor,
I have a name index published by the Lincolnshire Family History Society for the Holbeach and Spalding 1841 Census.There are 3 Drewrys,10 Drewerys and 13 Drurys.Only one,a Drewry, relates to Moulton, the reference number is HO 107/609/5/42.I hope this is useful.
John Boardman

Trevor
05-11-2004, 7:59 PM
Hello John
Thanks for the reference, as with most documents of that era, the spelling of names varies greatly :confused: , but 'Drew(e)ry' seems to be the one.

Thanks again
Trevor

Procat
06-11-2004, 2:24 AM
Dear Trevor,
I have a name index published by the Lincolnshire Family History Society for the Holbeach and Spalding 1841 Census.There are 3 Drewrys,10 Drewerys and 13 Drurys.Only one,a Drewry, relates to Moulton, the reference number is HO 107/609/5/42.I hope this is useful.
John Boardman

Hi Trevor:

This relates to:

Amy Drewry, Age 26, Occupation possible F S (Female servant) Born this County.

She was with:

William ? (Not Drewry or similar) Age 40? Farmer Born County
Elizabeth Ditto Age 35 Born County
? Ditto Age 15 Born County
John Ditto Age 15 Born County
George Ditto Age 10 Born County
Phillip Ditto Age 8 Born County
Helen (possibly) Age 6 Born County
Emma Ditto Age 4 Born County
John Warrell Age 15 Ag Labourer Born County

I'm sorry I can not be more informative but this is really faint. :(

Regards,

Trevor
06-11-2004, 6:27 PM
Hi Doug

Thanks once again for helping with this problem! I have not come across an 'Amy' so far, but will keep it on record in case she is relevant. It would appear that Sarah & Eldred had possibly moved by the time of the census!
Thanks again
Regards
Trevor