PDA

View Full Version : HEDDLESTON

wellcoat
27-07-2009, 12:18 PM
I am trying to trace my grandmother's family in Galston, they are named Heddleston.

wellcoat
28-07-2009, 7:46 AM
I am researching my grandmother and gradfather's family. She was naded Elsie Heddleston and he was Thomas Johnson. Elsie born 12th August 1901 at 5 Cross Street, Galston. Think Thomas was born 1895 ish. Married 2nd Nov ember 1918. They had four children, Agnes Ann, Alexander, Lucy and David.

Procat
28-07-2009, 7:48 AM
Please remember that it is against forum rules to post information about possibly living people on the open forum.

If you are able to assist Wellcoat with information about living people please do so using the Private Message system.

Thanks folks, :)

Waitabit
28-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Wellcoat, do you want to go forward with your G'parents Family or back to their beginnings? Is that in Galston, Ayreshire in Scotland?
Many of us are not of the UK & so so not know all of the Counties etc. without Googling or such.

wellcoat
28-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Yes, Galston is in Ayrshire, Scotland. I am trying to go back with my grandmother and grandfater's family. I now live in England, but will be visiting Scotland in a couple of days.

Carberry
15-06-2012, 7:11 PM
I have also been trying to trace the Heddleston family and last week found Elsie Heddleston/Johnson marrying James Ferris and living at 52 Newport Lane, Burslem. My birth mother Marion Walker/Heddleston was living with them in 1946. Elsie and James married in 1949. There must be some connection but I haven't worked out what it is yet. Maybe we could discuss.

olliecat
15-06-2012, 8:25 PM
Hi Carberry and welcome to the forum. :smile5:

wellcoat was last on this forum in July 2009, but should receive a notification that this thread has been posted to, provided his/her email address is still valid that is. Just so that you are aware, if you click on wellcoat's username you have the option of emailing wellcoat directly.

Also, please be careful not to post details of any potentially living people on the forum as this is against the AUP (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/announcement.php?f=402).

wellcoat
25-06-2012, 7:18 AM
Thanks for getting back to Carberry, we have been in touch and are related.