PDA

View Full Version : Coroners Report

alansdad
25-07-2009, 3:17 PM
|help|My Great Grandmothers nephew, Alexander William MACLEOD (68), committed suicide on 9th April 1923 and I am trying to obtain a copy of the coroners report. The event occurred in Great Yarmouth, does anyone know how I can get a copy or access to any newspaper reports about the event?

Browneyes
25-07-2009, 3:28 PM
You might like to read this article....

www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/law/research/coroners/records.html

Jan1954
25-07-2009, 3:30 PM
Helo alansdad and welcome to Brit-Gen

The "Yarmouth Independent" (which incorporated the Yarmouth Mercury) should cover the date that you mention.

alansdad
25-07-2009, 3:53 PM
That's brilliant.thanks

alansdad
25-07-2009, 3:57 PM
Thank you, it certainly makes thhings a bit clearer

marie1234
03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi alansdad,
Did you find any info about the coroners report? I am in the same position as I am trying to find out about my mums suicide in the 1960`s. Any advice would be really useful

alansdad
04-12-2009, 5:21 PM
Hi alansdad,
Did you find any info about the coroners report? I am in the same position as I am trying to find out about my mums suicide in the 1960`s. Any advice would be really useful
Hi Marie,
Yes I did find an answer. I contacted the local library and they were able to look up in their files and sent me a photocopy of the newspaper report on the Coroner's Enquiry. Not great reading, but gave me a picture of my relative's life just before he died. In all it cost me the price of postage. Good luck with your hunt, Graham

andrewnz
11-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi Marie,
Yes I did find an answer. I contacted the local library and they were able to look up in their files and sent me a photocopy of the newspaper report on the Coroner's Enquiry. Not great reading, but gave me a picture of my relative's life just before he died. In all it cost me the price of postage. Good luck with your hunt, Graham

Hi Alansdad

I'm also looking for information about Alexander William MACLEOD d 1923; he was my grandfather's second cousin. Would you mind scanning the newspaper report and emailing it to me? andrew[underscore]ontheroad[at]yahoo[dot]com. I'd really appreciate that.

Many thanks,
Andrew

alansdad
12-05-2010, 8:59 AM
Hi Alansdad

I'm also looking for information about Alexander William MACLEOD d 1923; he was my grandfather's second cousin. Would you mind scanning the newspaper report and emailing it to me? andrew[underscore]ontheroad[at]yahoo[dot]com. I'd really appreciate that.

Many thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I will certainly do that for you, Can you let me know that you have received it (aeaaja AT tiscali DOT co DOT uk)?

Regards
Graham