PDA

View Full Version : GILL Thomas Treverbyn Manor

Fishy
15-03-2005, 4:35 PM
I am trying to trace any information about Thomas Gill, Solicitor, born in Malton Yorkshire and living in London and Treverbyn.
I understand he was "Lord of the Manor" at Treverbyn.

Many thanks

Jill

Trish
15-03-2005, 6:37 PM
I am trying to trace any information about Thomas Gill, Solicitor, born in Malton Yorkshire and living in London and Treverbyn.
I understand he was "Lord of the Manor" at Treverbyn.

Many thanks

JillJill,

Is this your Thomas Gill, staying at 5 Truro Road in St. Austell, Cornwall at the time of the 1871 census?

Name / Age in 1871 / Birthplace / Relationship / Occupation
John Bray 88 Gwennap, Cornwall, England Head Innkeeper & Spirit Merchant
Mary Bray 45 Gwennap, Cornwall, England Niece
Thomas Gill 66 New Malton, Yorkshire, England Visitor [Widower] Landowner
Thomas Gill The Younger 43 St Pancras, Middlesex, England Visitor [Widower] Attorney & Solicitor
Phillipa Hazell 26 St Martins, Cornwall, England Servant
Mary Ball Inch 17 St Austell, Cornwall, England Servant

Source information: RG10/2266
Registration district: St Austell
Sub-registration district: St Austell
ED, institution, or vessel: 19
Folio: 8
Page: 6
Household schedule number: 33

Regards,
Trish

Fishy
22-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi there Trish,

Yes you've found him. Many thanks. Not sure why he was staying at a hotel!!! But great thanks.
I'm not even too sure which Manor he was at. It is in Genuki about Treverbyn that I saw the info regarding memorials at the church there.

Jill

AnnB
22-03-2005, 2:35 PM
Just had a quick Google and found at quite a lot of info at the following address http://www.a2a.org.uk/html/021-mt.htm (which is A2A - Access to Archives) which should give you food for thought :)
Best wishes
Ann

Fishy
29-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi Ann,

Many thanks just logged on to the National Archives site you found. Food for thought WOW!! I won't starve for weeks. Many thanks, I guess I need a trip to the Records Office now. Really appreciate it thanks.

Jill