PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Ball, Boxworth

suemalings
23-07-2009, 2:08 PM
Does anyone have access to electorial rolls or directories for Boxworth in Cambridgeshire?

I am trying to make a record of the people who lived and ran the Golden Ball Public House. I have all the census returns from 1841 to 1901.

hughar
23-07-2009, 2:32 PM
Have you seen this? http://deadpubs.co.uk/Cambridgeshire/Boxworth/GoldenBall.shtml

zebrainbexhill
18-03-2011, 3:22 PM
Hi
I know it is a bit late but my great grandfather ran the Golden Ball in the 1920's he was George Croft Brown. I believe my grandmother had her wedding reception there.
I thought there was a record of the innkeepers in the pub, last time I was there about 15-20years ago there certainly was.

Zeb

suemalings
19-03-2011, 7:11 AM
Many thanks for your message. The pub has undergone re-decoration a few times in recent years and now has a new owner. You probably wouldn't recognise the interior from 15 years ago.

I think the record of inkeepers has long gone as it is the new owner who has shown an interest in this project.

I've found a few directories in Cambridge library and am still compiling the list. Unfortunately I don't have the list on my home computer (it is on my work computer) but I will make sure I have your great grandfather's name.