PDA

View Full Version : John WHITING / Elizabeth KIGHTLEY - 1841 census

Jon Whiting
14-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Could anyone give me details of John WHITING (b.abt 1811) and Elizabeth (b.abt 1809) and two children Fanny and Hannah living in Hartwell, Northants in the 1841 census? By 1851 John is dead.

Regards
Jon

valdee
17-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I think this Elizabeth Kightley was born to Thomas Kightley and Hannah Leveret on 27th Aug 1809 in Ravenstone Bucks. She was eldest of 11 children of that union, the others being :
James - born 1810
Sarah - born 1811
William - born 1813
Thomas - born 1815
Rebecca - born 1817
Milicent - born 1820
Peter James - born 1822
Jabez (or Jabeas) - born 1823
Eliza - born 1826
Zilpah - born 1830
Out of interest Thomas and Hannah are my 4G grandparents, hence my interest, also my father was born in Hartwell but I have yet to work out why as I can't find any confirmed connection with the village.
If there is anything else I can help with let me know.

Jon Whiting
17-05-2005, 1:18 PM
I think this Elizabeth Kightley was born to Thomas Kightley and Hannah Leveret on 27th Aug 1809 in Ravenstone Bucks. She was eldest of 11 children of that union, the others being :
James - born 1810
Sarah - born 1811
William - born 1813
Thomas - born 1815
Rebecca - born 1817
Milicent - born 1820
Peter James - born 1822
Jabez (or Jabeas) - born 1823
Eliza - born 1826
Zilpah - born 1830
Out of interest Thomas and Hannah are my 4G grandparents, hence my interest, also my father was born in Hartwell but I have yet to work out why as I can't find any confirmed connection with the village.
If there is anything else I can help with let me know.Thanks for your reply. I had already been sent details of Elizabeth's parents, but I still do not have confirmed evidence of John Whiting's parents. I believe he is the son of Butlin Whiting and Susannah Travill. They were married in 1806, had their first child, Butlin, in 1807, and then there is a long gap until their second known child, Josiah (my G-G-Grandfather), in 1820. I am trying to complete the family in between these dates.

John Whiting was born abt 1811 in Hartwell and married Elizabeth there in 1835. There were a number of Kightleys in the neighbouring parish of Roade at this time, so theye seem to have been sprread out across the border of Nothants and Bucks.

Jon

funkyangel
27-07-2006, 9:50 PM
Jon,

I have an Elizabeth KIGHTLEY chr 12 May 1812 in Roade, daughter to William Kightley and Mary. I know this isn't your Elizabeth however I think the link between Roade and Ravenstone is possibly only a couple of generations further back.

I also have an Ann WHITING b1809 in Denton who is my Gt*4 grandmother, she married Thomas DAWKES in 1834.

Many of them have links to Ravenstone.

I probably haven't helped in the slighest but you may come across them later.

Julie

BeeE586
12-08-2006, 6:54 PM
Jon,

I have been following a somewhat tortuous path from a marriage in Staveley in 1885 which has led me to Hartwell. Susannah, d Hezekiah Richardson married Joseph Millthorpe, my maternal grandmother's brother. So far as I know, there were no children of the marriage.

The gist is that Hezekiah Richardson would seem to be son of Reuben and Pearcey nee Whiting. I have not found a marriage, but according to the IGI Hezekiah and three other siblings were baptized at Towcester Wesleyan Methodist, Hezekiah in 1829.

1841 Census Hartwell HO7 796/7 Fol 9 has Reuben and Pearcey, both aged 50 with children Sarah, Esekiah and Ebenezer.

Would this be a connection of your Whiting family ?

Eileen

Jon Whiting
14-08-2006, 5:32 PM
Hi Eileen,

Thanks for your message.

I have details of Reuben and Pearcy. Pearcy is the daughter of John Whiting and Mary Hadland, married 4 Jun 1783 in Hartwell, NTH.

Unfortunately, I do not have any confirmed parentage for John, but believe he is the son of Edward Whiting and Elizabeth Butlin, married 3 Jun 1756 Finedon, NTH. Their daughter Mary was born 1770 Hartwell; their son Butlin (my ancestor) was born 1774 Hartwell. The gap between Edward's and Elizabeth's marriage and Mary's birth implies that there must be more children, but I have not yet found all the records.

I would be interested in any details you have on Pearcy and Reuben. If you contact me by email, then i would be happy to discuss what I know about the family at this time.

Regards
Jon