PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find Michael Alastair Cort Dunn

harbourlady99
21-07-2009, 7:47 PM
Michael Alastair Cort Dunn was born abt 1925. I have not been able to find anything on any of the standard uk sites. I know that he was working in either South Africa or Rhodesia in 1955. He was a recruiting officer for African Labour and a Provincial Manager. He had a son in abt 1946.
In 1956 he went by boat to Ghana but on his own. I would love to be able to find out more about the family and the ancestors and descendants. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

v.wells
21-07-2009, 8:03 PM
Did you try findmypast dot com? There are 3 listed: the first 2 are Michael Dunn leaving for Egypt and Australia, 1950 and 1958. the last one is Michael A. Dunn leaving from Liverpool destination unknown. It has a card to view and there may be more on that. findmypast is ppv.

v.wells
21-07-2009, 8:14 PM
There are 3 records on scotlandspeople. I searched from 1924-1928. I don't have credits to view the information though.

On A* there is a marriage of George E. Dunn to Nina J. Court 1924 Marylebone vol 1a p 1352. Is it possible that his third name is spelled as a variation? I couldn't find a positive birth though. What other information do you have? Is there a father listed on a marriage certificate?

v.wells
22-07-2009, 5:51 PM
If you have the son's birth cert you will have the names of the parents and from there you will be able to search the indexes mentioned above. What makes you think he may be a British Colonial?