PDA

View Full Version : Photograph's of Hanbury Woodend Staffordshire

George4
13-07-2009, 3:47 PM
Hi all,

This might be a long shot, but well worth the effort to ask.

Does anyone have photograph's of Hanbury Woodend Staffordshire between 1870-1930's or later that they would like to share or could you please provide a webpage to assist in my research.

I only have 1 photograph and it is of my Great Grandfather's [George Edward Phillips] home in Hanbury Woodend Staffordshire, and I am not sure when it was taken. The home used to belong to his father Joseph Phillips.

George's daughter Phyllis Phillips [Spinster] visited England [from Perth Australia] in the late 1960's and somehow managed the obtain a photograph of the residence or may have been given a copy by a family member, who may have lived there at the time of her visit. Otherwise Phyllis may have already known of the address and took the photograph herself.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards

George Phillips

suemalings
13-07-2009, 5:01 PM
If you Google Hanbury Woodend and click images you will see a few photos of Hanbury Woodend.

suemalings
13-07-2009, 5:04 PM
If you Google Hanbury Woodend and click images you will see a few photos of Hanbury Woodend. Dont think there is much though.

George4
13-07-2009, 5:16 PM
Hi Sue,

Thank you for you help, as it was really appreciated.

I checked out Google maps and had limited success.

Hanbury doesn't have street views in Google maps and that surprised me.

Kind regards

George

Browneyes
13-07-2009, 6:28 PM
Maybe someone on

localmouth.com/go/hanbury-woodend

could help you?

George4
14-07-2009, 3:02 PM
Hi Browneye's,

Thank you for your very kind suggestion, as I checked the site and left a message in there.

Kind regards
George