PDA

View Full Version : i am going to manchester records office

ann johnston
13-03-2005, 6:20 PM
hi

i am going to manchester records office next saturday the 19th march 2005
if anybody has anything they want me to try and find for them i will gladly do my best i live local to it and do visit quite often

ann

Jean Mayo
25-05-2005, 2:01 PM
Hi Ann,
I have a record of marriage that I am searching for. I tried to order the record of marriage on-line but was told that I first need a GRO Index reference number. I cannot figure out how to get that number as I live in the United States. The marriage record that I am looking for is the following:
John Taylor, bachelor, married Ann Gutteridge ( widow ), both of Manchester, in the Cathedral Parish Church of Manchester, Lancashire, England on Jan. 1, 1853. They were married by Rev. W. Wilson, minor canon. I have found out that Ann's maiden name was Outen ( sp.? ).
I am hoping the marriage record may name their parents as well as other details, such as their occupations and street address, etc. Also, I would welcome advice on how to proceed to search for these 2 family lines in the Manchester area. Any help that you can give me during your next trip would be very much appreciated.
Jean Mayo.

uksearch
26-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Manchester Central library has films of the PR that you are looking for.I wlll post the details the next chance I get.

UK