PDA

View Full Version : Old Contemptables (2)

qahtan
14-01-2007, 6:25 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/qahtan/general/oldcontemtables.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/qahtan/general/Picture010.jpg

My father was an Old Contemptable, and he was in the Coldstream Guards,
and awarded the Albert Medal for bravery.....
would the King in person have presented this award.???
Thank you, G Denyer

Jessica1877
18-03-2008, 6:05 PM
Dear G. Denyer,

My family research includes the name Denyer; I wonder have you traced your Denyer line and might it be connected to mine?

Here is a sample of how the Denyer line connects to my tree:

George Denyer-----Ann Mitchener >>Of Thursley, Surrey
|
Mary Denyer------------? >>Dito
|
Fanny Denyer---? (A soldier?) >>Dito
1857ish-19 |
|
Fanny Lavinia-------William Henry (of Devon)
Denyer 1877-1960+ Clapp 1874-1959+
|
Florence Mary Clapp-1920-Fred Steer
1902-1991 | 1897-1967 Peter Steer-1957-Alison Steel
1930-1987 | 1938-(living)
My mum
Me

Note: Fanny Lavinia was born in Wandsworth and grew up in Frimley with her mum and step dad James Taylor, Lockkeeper of Frimley, plus half siblings.

I've omitted some details for now but I'll add more if you are connected to these Denyers.

I look forward to hearing from you

Bye for now

Jessica S Fox

qahtan
24-03-2008, 5:17 PM
Sorry as far as Know we have no connection. There are as you may have found out many many Denyers around the south of England.

Thursley is a place that has come up in our search, with regard to the Denyer side we branched off in the 1700s Samual Denyer and Elizabeth Ayling, as we were/are looking for a connection to Angell/Angel.

And as you know the further back you go the wider the the amount of searching is required.
We are at the moment stuck with a John Lymden, Born !497. He was the last Prior at Reigate Surrey Priory. His portrait now hangs in the National Portrait Museum London, the
painting is oil on oak, I do have a photograph of it.

Like you said there is a lot of other information connected to John, but I am sure it would be no good to you.... Glory Denyer

crisp
22-05-2008, 6:41 PM
Just came across military records for a Henry Brown b 1892 who lived at 4 Lime St, Tyldersley, Nr Manchester? and married Sarah Hall in Leigh in 1911. Any help?

Bernard
24-11-2008, 9:12 PM
Jessica,

This is my first time on this site and i really don't know what i'm doing but..
Re your post below I'm writing to tell you that we appear to be related.

The family tree you have set out below included my grandparents Fanny Lavinia Denyer and William Henry Clapp.

Mary Denyer gave birth to Fanny Denyer on 1 March 1857 at Hindhead House, Thursley. The birth was registered on 13 March 1857 in the registration district of Hambledon. My grandmother Fanny Lavinia was born in August 1877 in Battersea and the birth was registered in wandsworth. She died on the 27th of february 1962, aged 85 at home in Horsell near Woking, Surrey.

As you say Fanny married James Taylor and lived at Frimley in Surrey where James worked as a lock keeper. I believe that I have a photo of him in his lockkeepers uniform in a suitcase in my loft which I inherited from my mum who died in 2003. They were married in Ash Vale on 20 April 1878. James was 23 and Fanny 21.

My gradfather William Henry Clapp was born in Bristol on the 12th of June 1873. His parents were Samuel Caleb Clapp and Emily Webb Clapp formerly Dyke. He died on the 13th of February 1958 aged 84. As a young man he saw action in the second Boer war as a member of the Grenadier Guards.

My grandparents married on February the 7th 1896 at Pirbright in Surrey where the Guards depot was situated. Grandad was 23, granny 20.

They had a large family, i think it was in the region of 12 children, one of which was Florence (was she known as Floss and did she live at Netley, Hants?) and another my mum Mona Olive who lived all her life in Horsell.

My mum's youger brother Eric (mum was second youngest, born 16 February 1921) was killed during the second world war on a gunnery range at Margate, Kent due to a mistake by the officer in charge at the time. The family lived in South road Horsell.

So as i say it would seem that we may well be cousins!

One last thing the surname Steer appears in your family tree and i wonder if there is any connection with the plumbing business that bore that name and was located in South Road, Horsell?

Hope all this has been helpful and look forward to hearing from you.

Bernie

Dear G. Denyer,

My family research includes the name Denyer; I wonder have you traced your Denyer line and might it be connected to mine?

Here is a sample of how the Denyer line connects to my tree:

George Denyer-----Ann Mitchener >>Of Thursley, Surrey
|
Mary Denyer------------? >>Dito
|
Fanny Denyer---? (A soldier?) >>Dito
1857ish-19 |
|
Fanny Lavinia-------William Henry (of Devon)
Denyer 1877-1960+ Clapp 1874-1959+
|
Florence Mary Clapp-1920-Fred Steer
1902-1991 | 1897-1967 Peter Steer-1957-Alison Steel
1930-1987 | 1938-(living)
My mum
Me

Note: Fanny Lavinia was born in Wandsworth and grew up in Frimley with her mum and step dad James Taylor, Lockkeeper of Frimley, plus half siblings.

I've omitted some details for now but I'll add more if you are connected to these Denyers.

I look forward to hearing from you

Bye for now

Jessica S Fox

Jessica1877
25-06-2009, 6:21 PM
Dear Bernard,

I've just sent you a private message...I was trying to post it here but I had to re call my password etc. so I ended up sending it privately. Anyway, I hope you got it all right and I look forward to hearing from you.

I just looked up my arhied emails and I did get a message that you had posted but that email address is a bit of a dumping ground and I just didn't check it thoroughly enough! I completely missed it, never opened the alert!

Well,

Bye for now

I'll write again soon

Jessica S. Fox

Jessica1877
02-07-2009, 5:01 PM
Dear Bernie,

I hope you received my emails/messages. Perhaps you haven't checked your messages for a while. It's ok, I am sorry I missed your message back in November. I hope to hear from you soon.

Take care

Bye for now

Jess