PDA

View Full Version : Walsh from Wigan

lancashirelass
11-10-2004, 5:36 PM
:confused: Hi
Can anyone help with my query? My father James Edward Walsh was born at 13 Upper Morris Street, Wigan in 1902. My grandmother Sarah Ellen Walsh was unmarried and a domestic servant. She had another son a couple of years later William Walsh.
I know that my father and his brother were brought up from a young age by a lady named Poll Stott in a yard off Scholes, I don't know the name of the yard but I believe it was near the abattoir.
I have searched on the Free BMD for my grandmothers death, as I was always led to understand that she died when my father was small. This could just have been a cover up as these matters were not discussed then.
My greatgrandfather and greatgrandmother were alive and living at 13 Upper Morris Street in 1901 with Sarah Ellen I have checked on the 1901 census. Also at the address in 1901 was a son (brother to Sarah Ellen) James Walsh junior and his wife Eliza.
I am just curious why none of these family members brought up my father and his brother. The brother James and his wife Eliza had no children in 1901 and were both aged 32.
Any ideas??
lancashirelass