PDA

View Full Version : Gentry family

stgiles_noke
11-10-2004, 4:49 PM
I am looking for DANIEL GENTRY. He died at the age of 80 years, and was buried in Hadleigh on 22nd November 1772, giving his approximate date of birth as 1692. He doen't seem to have been baptised in Hadleigh - the nearest in date is DANIEL, son of ROBERT, baptised on 27th December 1704 (there is always the possibility that he might have been baptised as a 12 year old, or that the stated age at death was exaggerated rather than exact).

Alternatively, Daniel's father may also have been called Daniel (possibly originally from Little Wenham) who might have married Hannah (Bernard) in Bramford in 1694. Other possibilities are: Robert and Elizabeth (Osborn) married in Higham in 1672; Robert and Mary (Richardson) married in Hadleigh in 1690; William and Catherine (Read) married in Hasketon in 1691, or William and Ann (Pain) married in East Bergholt in 1693.

I wonder if anyone else is researching these families and can tell me wherroximate date of birth as 1692. He doen't seem to have been baptised in Hadleigh - the nearest in date is DANIEL, son of ROBERT, baptised on 27th December 1704 (there is always the possibility that he might have been baptised as a 12 year old, or that the stated age at death was exaggerated rather than exact).

Alternatively, Daniel's father may also have been called Daniel (possibly originally from Little Wenham) who might have married Hannah (Bernard) in Bramford in 1694. Other possibilities are: Robert and Elizabeth (Osborn) married in Higham in 1672; Robert and Mary (Richardson) married in Hadleigh in 1690; William and Catherine (Read) married in Hasketon in 1691, or William and Ann (Pain) married in East Bergholt in 1693.

I wonder if anyone else is researching these families and can tell me where Daniel came from and who his parents were.

Yours hopefully,
Anne Johnson