PDA

View Full Version : Vicar of Caerau - What church?

Gwen9056
15-06-2009, 10:07 PM
My grandfather's obit says he was buried in "Maesteg Cemetery, the Rev. J.C. Beynon, B.A. vicar of Caerau officiating". What church is it most likely he attended? Thank you.

Waitabit
16-06-2009, 5:38 AM
I just keyed in Vicar of Caerau Wales & up came a page of lovely information. Church History which may help, depending on the year of your G'Fathers Burial.

Likewise key in Maesteg Cemetery (beautiful area) & more lovely info photos come up.

Hugh Thompson
16-06-2009, 8:09 AM
Hi Gwen, according to my Parish Locator program these are the closest to Caerau.
Hugh.

Glyn-corwg 3.3 miles North East
Llangynwyd 3.8 miles South
Michaelston 2.0 miles North West

Mags S
17-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Gwen, do you know where your grandfather lived, Maesteg is a Valley town near Caerau, is it possible that the Vicar of Caerau officiated as the Maesteg Vicar was unable to. If you can post the address I'll try to find out which is the nearest church to where he lived - Maesteg is only a few miles away from me.

Gwen9056
18-06-2009, 1:08 AM
Thank you very much. When he died my grandfather lived at 1 Humphries Terrace, Caerau.

Mags S
18-06-2009, 2:13 AM
Hi, I've done a bit of googling and found a list of places of worship in the Llynfi Valley (which is where Maesteg and Caerau are). The only C of E Church listed for Caerau is St. Cynfelyn's. Unless there are Churches which have been demolished, there are a few that have suffered that fate in the next valley, I would imagine that to be the correct one. Hope this helps.