PDA

View Full Version : St.Simons & St.Judes,Anfield Road, Liverpool

Ken Berry
10-06-2009, 9:01 AM
Hi All,
Left the Pool in 1955,went back on a visit with Wife and 1 Daughter 1974.My Church for 18 years had gone.The grounds are still sacred as some of the Masonry was used in the foundations of a rather nice Old Peoples Home.I was hoping to get some Photos from outside and inside,but it was no more.I was wondering if anyone would know of any? Also the Roll of Honour,for those fallen in the World Wars 1 and 2.Plus a beautiful memorial window,for a son and the crew of a bomber lost over Germany.I was at its dedication also in the 10th Boys Brigade and Youth Club.I remember Rev.Hacking was my first minister and he died soon after he came back from the war.Rev.Dean and then Rev.Titley.Any pointers in the right direction would be mosy appreciated as I'm getting close to my "best used by date"
Peace with You All.God Bless and Best Regards Ken Berry

suzieq08
10-06-2009, 9:57 AM
Hello Ken

I read your Posting with great interest, as this is where my beautiful mum (an angel now) and her family hailed from - originally known as the 'West Derby' area if I am correct. Please leave your request with me and it will be a pleasure to see what information I can gather for a fellow Liverpudlian.

I shall contact you again very soon.

Kind regards

Suzie

suzieq08
10-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Hello again Ken

I just noticed that a fellow B-G Forum Member has kindly left a link to the following web address, which relates to 'Lancashire on line Public Clerks' the web address is:
www.lan-opc-org.uk/liverpool

Also, I have information regarding another web address which relates to Liverpool inclusive of Churches etc., which you may like to browse - the web address is:
www.old-liverpool.co.uk/churches.html
Please click on the name 'Dave Woods' for the pictorial links to Liverpool. I am hoping that you may find something of interest with regards to St Simons & St Judes, Anfield Rd.

I shall continue to search for you.

KIND REGARDS.

Suzie

suzieq08
13-06-2009, 7:43 PM
Hello Ken

I thought you may like to know that I am visiting the William Brown Library, Liverpool, on Monday regarding my family research. Whilst I am there I shall also ask the Archivists if they have any photographs/pictures of St Simons & St Judes, Anfield Road, Liverpool, that I can purchase for you and I am then hoping that (if successful) I will be able to scan the photograph/picture across to you for your personal attention.

Fingers x for a successful visit on Monday plus, I just wanted you to know that I hadn't forgotten your ealier query.

Kind regards

Suzie

Ken Berry
14-06-2009, 1:37 AM
Hi Suzie,
Thank You so Much for considering to look up any info or photos for me.Please you must let me know of any cost involved.If there is anything I can help with in your own research let me know.As i'm a member of Ancestry Uk,plus a couple of other genealogy web sites.Hope the summer is being good weather wise and you have some holidays to look forward to.Best Regards ken B

suzieq08
15-06-2009, 2:43 PM
Hello Ken

Thank you for your lovely response to my earlier email to you yesterday and also for your very kind offer to help me re: my research - I appreciate your kindness very much indeed!

I have really GOOD NEWS for you re: St Simons & St Judes, Anfield Road, Liverpool.

Today, I went to the William Brown Library only to note upon arrival that the Archive Centre was closed until the 29th June '09 due to refurbishment etc!! However, I made contact (via my mobile) with an Archivist at the Centre who kindly took my details regarding your query for pictures/photographs of St Simons & St Judes and she has just telephoned me to let me know that photos of the Church are in the post to me as we speak. (I am so thrilled at the depth of this lady's kindness.)

I shall send you a Private Message with regards to your contact details etc.

Hoping that you too are keeping well and that when you are in receipt of the photographs both yourself and your family will enjoy them?

Best wishes always and I am so pleased that I could be of help to you with regards to your query.

Take care.
Suzie

Ken Berry
01-07-2009, 9:38 AM
Hi Suzie was just having a browse so thpught would just say a Good Morning to you and Jacob.Just had a read of the Daily Post.You are having some scorching weather.Don't forget the "Slap and Slop" sun tan lotion.It is still pretty cold and of all thiings I have to keep an ice pack on my knee for 15 minutes every hour or so.Because of the swelling.Not sore but makes it ache 2 days so far,but a lot better.Been thinking about photos inside the Church and in those days I can't ever remember photos allowed at weddings.Best Regards to You and Yours Ken B|computer||jumphappy