PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

suzieq08
09-06-2009, 9:35 AM
Dear Finbar, Procat and Sandy (amongst others)

I would like to extend my personal thanks to you all for your help earlier on in the year with regards to my quest for searching my Ancestor Julia Bean, aged 6 months, Liverpool (1891 England Census.)

If it had not been for the kindness of the Members of the B-G Forum - I would still be searching for a little girl named Julia! Thankfully, your professional searches confirmed that 'Julia' was actually Janet and this little girl had died aged 18 months in March 1892.

Therefore, I was able to research my Ancestor at the William Brown Library, Liverpool plus, I was also able to pay my respects to Janet in person at Anfield Cemetery - albeit she is buried in a Public Grave. However, I am eternally grateful to you all, as I have been researching my Ancestors for many, many years and I would never have know that Janet's name was transcribed incorrectly if it had not been for your kind help.

With kind wishes always and sincerest thanks to you all.

Suzie |jumphappy

suzieq08
09-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Dear Bo Peep

It appears that I have inadvertently attached my Thank you posting to your earlier post re: 'This Forum.' I do apologise and would appreciate it if you could advise me how I can move my posting so it will then appear in the apropriate place on the B-G Forum site?

Many thanks for your help.

Suzie

peter-robinson8
09-06-2009, 5:54 PM
Hello Suzie,
I'm glad that you have had some success in your search. Perhaps you will remember me and my search for Fanny Hammersley a while ago. Just to let you know that I hit a brickwall with her and am having a rest from her at the moment. Nice to see you again on the forum,
Regards, Kathleen.

suzieq08
10-06-2009, 6:45 AM
Good Morning Kathleen

Thank you so much for your very kind Posting re: "Nice to see you again on the Forum.." Your kind sentiments are very much appreciated.

I have never forgotten your elusive 'Fanny Hammersley' and it did cross my mind when the B-G Forum Members very kindly pointed out that perhaps my 'Julia' was transcribed wrongly and her name should actually be 'Janet!' - that this maybe a reason why Fanny was/is so difficult to find!!!

I have taken a break too from my main search of researching my G.G.G. Grandfather in America (New Hampshire) because I just cannot make a connection with regards to the names of his parents or place of actual birth and therefore, cannot go any futher back in my ancestral history. However, after many years of active search I have now just found his resting place in Wisconsin, USA. Perhaps, if you are able to find a Death Index for Fanny then hopefully, (together) we maybe able to work backwards, in order to help fill in the 'missing gaps?'

I look forward to hearing from you as and when Kathleen - take care and it was really nice to hear from you.

Best wishes
Suzie

Procat
10-06-2009, 7:11 AM
An excellent result Suzie.

Congratulations.

suzieq08
10-06-2009, 7:25 AM
Thank you Procat

I am so thrilled to have this opportunity to 'Thank you' in Person this morning and also to have been able to extend my personal thanks to the other B-G Members too - was the very least I could do!

It has been an unusual journey researching 'Julia' but a wonderful conclusion paying my respects in person to Janet!

Sincerest thanks again to yourself Procat for your kindness in helping me along my ancestral journey.

Kind regards always

Suzie