PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP with Nellie

Ron K
08-06-2009, 7:17 PM
Hello all
This is a long shot but...
I'm looking for any infomation about my Grandmother.... Nellie Irene Johnson born in c1914 in Washington, USA.

This is what i do know... Nellie Irene Johnson born c1914 was 16 years old when she married my grandfather Woodrow Dale Kelly born c1902 in Pennsylvania, who was 26 when he married Nellie. This can be found in the 1930 census.
I am told that around 1940 Nellie and Woodrow split up and that Nellie later got married again too a Robert Kramer, Krammer, Cramer or Crammer.

This is the bit i am not sure about and ask if anybody can help with it. I was told by somebody a few years ago Nellie had passed away about 1979. Now after Nellie left Woodrow i have not been able to find anything about her on record so am unsure if she has passed away or not, as the otherday somebody contacted me saying they thought she may still be alive. If this is so i would very much like to contact her.
__________________________________________________ _______

This is part of what i got the other day

As the rootsweb tree says Nellie Kramer is still living I checked longlostpeople.com which is a link from the rootsweb site.
There is a Nellie Kramer age 96 in Iowa, but I also checked the phonebook and couldn't find her.I don't know how up to date the longlostpeople is
__________________________________________________ _______

Can anybody help me with this one please?:confused:|help|

AdeleE
09-06-2009, 1:51 AM
I'm looking for any infomation about my Grandmother.... Nellie Irene Johnson born in c1914 in Washington, USA.

This is what i do know... Nellie Irene Johnson born c1914 was 16 years old when she married my grandfather Woodrow Dale Kelly born c1902 in Pennsylvania, who was 26 when he married Nellie. This can be found in the 1930 census. :|help|

You may be building a history for your grandparents based on some assumptions.

I see that you are saying that the newly married couple on the 1930 census in Washington state are your grandparents.

So I need to ask, before you found this couple on the 1930 census:

how did you know that Woodrow Dale Kelly was born in 1902 and in Pennsylvania? (there are a fair number of Woodrow Kellys in the US)
how did you know that Nellie was born in Washington state and married at the age of 16?

In other words, if there wasn't access to census records, what would you know about your grandparents, based on what your father or other people have told you. This may seem like a step backwards, but it's good to confirm each piece of evidence before proceeding to the next step.

Adele

Dizz
09-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Im sorry but unless you have seen the amount of work that has been
done,you do not know,he has been working on this for years

Ron K
09-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Hi AdeleE
I see your point in questioning me in what i have written. I thank you for your point of veiw. The thing is if i was not sure of the things i have written i would not write them in a public place. Things have been confirmed about Nellie and Woodrow. I also know she married a man called Kramer. Yes there are some things i am not 100% sure of and so i have not written them in here. I am just trying to do my family research, in the way we all do. Sometimes you have to ask question and sometimes you have to ask for help. Thats what i am doing now. I can't find anything on Nellie Johnson after she married and split from Woodrow Kelly so i'm just asking if anybody could help me.

Ron K

AdeleE
10-06-2009, 2:15 AM
I do know that you have been researching for years and I hope that we can help.

I found this message on another genealogy message board forum, Genforum. The woman appears to be a niece of "Nellie Irene Johnson Kelly Kramer".

According to the information in her post, I find this family in Pennsylvania on the 1920 & 1930 census, this Nellie still single & born in Pennsylvania. I'm wondering if this is the same person as your grandmother.

Adele

AdeleE
10-06-2009, 2:29 AM
Oh, I just went back to that forum that I'd bookmarked yesterday & see that you've made contact with her! Hope this works out for you!

Adele

Dizz
10-06-2009, 4:34 AM
Hi me again
i wondered
would you know if a birth cert 1963 Arlington hospital
would be on black paper,also in 1958 how old could you
take a baby to USA i mean youngest ageto fly

Thanks Dizz

Ron K
10-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi AdeleE
Thank you for that infomation and your help. I have made contact with the lady. It turns out we are related and never new. lol I think we may have lots to talk about.
Brill

Thanks again

Dizz
I'll findout about them Certs. I'll let you know by email or on the phone. Thanks Dizz

Ron ;-))

Dizz
11-06-2009, 4:16 AM
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

YOU HAVE MADE HIM ONE
VERY HAPPY HAPPY GUY
|hug||hug|

(NOT SHOUTING CAPS LOCK WILL EXPLAIN LATER)

Ron K
15-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi All |wave|
This is proof this site works and all you need to do, if you get stuck is... ask. Thanks to members on here i have made contact with a family member in the U.S.A. that i did not even know i had. We have sent emails to each other and spoken on the phone a few times. I have learned a lot about my family, and through this person been told i have other members of the family i knew nothing about. I have also learned many things i should have known but did not know about. I just wanted to come here and let others know this site does work, so never give up hope, and to say a big thankyou to the people on here that have helped me.
THANK YOU All |jumphappy

Ron K