PDA

View Full Version : Bridget Mary Byrne b1903

Richard1955
02-06-2009, 12:08 AM
My grandmother Bridget was born in Ireland. She married in England 1928
and her father's name was Patrick who died before 1928.
My father visited his mother's large family in Loughlinstown in 1939.
I have no more info than that and have found plenty of Bridget Byrnes in the 1911 census but have know idea which one it is.
Can not find passenger lists either.
Can anyone help me please.

Richard

Waitabit
02-06-2009, 5:54 AM
There are several marriages on Freebmd for that time 1927-1929.

Do you have any childrens names that could help with a birth region & so work out the marriage partner? or your Fathers birth cert?

Find his Mothers name & work back?

Richard1955
03-06-2009, 5:47 AM
There are several marriages on Freebmd for that time 1927-1929.

Do you have any childrens names that could help with a birth region & so work out the marriage partner? or your Fathers birth cert?

Find his Mothers name & work back?
Bridget married Thomas Henry Jones, my grandfather, and had one son Gerald Jones, my father. I have Thomas and Gerald's birth cert and the marriage cert but nothing tells me where in Ireland Bridget comes from.

obbie
08-07-2009, 1:32 PM
hi if you google earth loughlinstown rathmichael is there .
on 1911 dublin census theres a large byrne family living 2 shanganagh rathmichael there all children under 20 years old bridgets 8 her oldest brother is patrick 20 there a uncle living there too but patrick is head of house hold .
not unusuall for oldest child to be called after his dad .
was dad patrick dead-sick-army ?
also have you the address of byrnes visited in late 30,s ? you can check out dublin voters reg on http://www.dublinheritage.ie/electoral/index.php
you had to be 20 years old to vote so your relies might be there .
check out www.eircomphonebook.ie see if any byrnes in area of address .
lastly get in touch with the nice people in roscommon GRO give them bridgets name , birth year , fathers name , area in dublin lived . they charge 2 euros to search 4 euros for photo copy of entry . they have found me relies on less info . avoid dublin gro waste of time . goodluck

obbie
08-07-2009, 1:36 PM
sorry dublin voters list is 1939/40

Richard1955
09-07-2009, 6:32 AM
Hi Oddie
Have got the Byrne family at 2 shanganagh from 1911 census and it's possibly the right one but there are two or three other families as well.
I don't have the address of the 1939 visit unfortunately.
The father Patrick had died before 1928 but don't know how or where or what he did.
I'll get the birth certificate and that of a brother or sister to make sure I have the right family.

Thanks for your time and help
Richard

obbie
09-07-2009, 11:10 AM
hi richard . was bridget mary byrne born 1903 ? if so this is probaly your girl
Bridget mary Byrne Dublin south apr-jun 1903 vol 2 page 611 .
was her birthday between april and june 1903 ?
there was only one B M Byrne born south side that year . vol and page is what you ask for for Roscommon for birth cert , i think you have to fax credit card no. to them .

did brdget ask-make her son or grandsons take 2nd or 3rd names for baptism or confirmation ? my granny asked that i was called after her father and oldest brother so you ended up for example gerald patrick james byrne .
sometimes middle names can be a big clue .

cant think of anything else other than hopping you get correct certs
goodluck again , Robbie

Richard1955
10-07-2009, 7:59 PM
hi richard . was bridget mary byrne born 1903 ? if so this is probaly your girl
Bridget mary Byrne Dublin south apr-jun 1903 vol 2 page 611 .
was her birthday between april and june 1903 ?
there was only one B M Byrne born south side that year . vol and page is what you ask for for Roscommon for birth cert , i think you have to fax credit card no. to them .

did brdget ask-make her son or grandsons take 2nd or 3rd names for baptism or confirmation ? my granny asked that i was called after her father and oldest brother so you ended up for example gerald patrick james byrne .
sometimes middle names can be a big clue .

cant think of anything else other than hopping you get correct certs
goodluck again , Robbie
Hi Robbie
1903 is only approx, calculated by the age of death but I'm sure you have the right one so I will get the birth certificate.
I get the feeling you know some more and are holding it back.
You mentioned the passing down of names and as far as I know this didn't happen on my Irish side but then you mention Gerald Patrick James Byrne. Bridget's son, my father, was Gerald and Bridget's father was Patrick. So where did you get Gerald from?

Regards
Richard

obbie
18-08-2009, 4:53 PM
hi again .
thought you might have a look at this site .
http:
//dorothy1104.tripod.com/id23.html
lots of marriages and births for byrnes .
goodluck