PDA

View Full Version : FORRESTER in Cheswardine / Edgmond / Hinstock / Moreton Say

Graham_Bate
06-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi. I'm looking for information on the Forresters / Foresters / Foristers / Forsters in the area between 1650 - 1837 to help make sense of the IGI entries. (e.g. 4 different John Forresters at the same time; most of the wives names Mary , & similar difficulties)

Are there any online parish records ?

Are there any CD parish records ?

I'm a descendant of John Forrester b 1807 Moreton Say. He moved to Willenhall, Staffs. Kept a number of pubs. Large family - details available on Genes Reunited or contact me

Regards

Graham Bate.

FredP
13-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi Graham,
I looked in my only Shropshire CD aid - Pigot's Directory 1828/29 - and the only FORESTER in the locality was

ELIZABETH FORESTER, shopkeeper, High Street, NEWPORT.

This doesn't mean she was the only one around, but at that date directories tend to include only Tradesmen and Preofessional people and don't give much coverage to villages.

Sorry I can't do better, but hope this may help.
FredP.

Liz Forrest
06-05-2006, 7:39 PM
Hello, looking up Pace, Evans and Quantrell connections to Cheswardine and Shifnal, then noticed your thread, as I'm a Forrest and the only roots I have for my great-grandfather Anthony William Forrest are that he went out to India with the East Lancashire Regiment from Blackburn, Lancashire as a 15-year old drummer boy, and was living there with an uncle and aunt, so could have come from anywhere previously. Families I've noticed, tend to gravitate to the same areas even generations apart, so keeping an open mind and casting around. Did find my way to Forrestal Castle near Kilkenny, Ireland, which is now Kilfera House, without knowing its previous name. Liz

tribi
05-11-2006, 8:29 AM
Hi. I'm looking for information on the Forresters / Foresters / Foristers / Forsters in the area between 1650 - 1837 to help make sense of the IGI entries. (e.g. 4 different John Forresters at the same time; most of the wives names Mary , & similar difficulties)

Are there any online parish records ?

Are there any CD parish records ?

I'm a descendant of John Forrester b 1807 Moreton Say. He moved to Willenhall, Staffs. Kept a number of pubs. Large family - details available on Genes Reunited or contact me

Regards

Graham Bate.

I have Parish Record CD of Edgemont and the name Forster is recorded, beginning in 1579 - ca. 1800
Will be happy to look them all up if you are interested.

Tribi