PDA

View Full Version : death search

squirrelnut
31-05-2009, 4:53 PM
Hello everyone,i have been tring to find the death of Rachel Ann Branson b1920 in Nottingham,she was a twin to William A Branson.I have tried the usual places but can find nothing unless i have missed it(again).Think i might need to have my eyes tested.
I have no living rellies to ask which makes it all the more frustrating.

christanel
31-05-2009, 9:29 PM
Did Rachel Ann marry or was she a child or spinster when she died? Any idea at all of the time frame and area we need to look at? :)
Christina

MarkJ
31-05-2009, 9:46 PM
Are you even sure she is dead? Born in 1920, she would be 89 now - and there are lots of people of similar ages still happily enjoying life.

If you know she is deceased, then, as Christina says, you need to know whether she was married (and thus a different surname) etc.

Mark

Peter Goodey
01-06-2009, 7:33 AM
.I have tried the usual places but can find nothing .

Ah, the usual places. The problem is that different people have different ideas of what the usual places are ;)

For a start, do you know the precise birth date? This will help to eliminate or identify deaths after 1969.

Secondly you're looking for a possible marriage perhaps in the 1940s. I don't believe any site has yet transcribed these in a computer searchable form and you must therefore work your way painstakingly quarter by quarter through the online scans of the printed pages (or the fiche copies in a local library or record office). You need to look for marriages and deaths.

Working forwards is not easy which is why we normally work backwards!!!

squirrelnut
01-06-2009, 6:54 PM
Thanks for the replies,its over 20 years ago that i last heard of Rachels death.My father only spoke of her once and that was just before he died ,hence my dilemma.
Ihave tried BMD and have trawled through years of the Gro and have found nothing as i have said.I really do not understand how someone can disappear without trace.Unless there's a secret somewhere.
She was born June 20th 1920

Neil Wilson
01-06-2009, 7:43 PM
Have you tried the County Archives for newspaper reports of deaths?

squirrelnut
01-06-2009, 8:15 PM
No! I never gave that a thought, just going round circles on this one.Thanks.