PDA

View Full Version : WOW membership doubled in a day

Londonwhay
11-10-2004, 3:44 PM
Hi Rod

I note that you now have over 1000 registered members and it was only 500 yesterday. Well done. :D

Glenda

Rod Neep
11-10-2004, 5:23 PM
Yesterday morning it was around 350... then I made some announcements on our mailing lists. Then it suddenly grew, and is still growing :)
People are obviously seeing that this system is easy to navigate, and is going to be very useful.... and much more reliable than mailing lists.
All very gratifying, as I put a lot of time, money and effort into making it work. :cool:
regards
Rod

chs4
11-10-2004, 7:27 PM
Rod,

Just wanted to drop a quick note of thanks for the time, effort and expense of putting together these forums. I agree that forums of this type allow for much better organization, navigation and information sharing than their mailing list counterparts. I have high hopes that many of the generous folks who frequent said mailing lists will find their way here.

I did a quick write-up of your site and the new forums on my blog. (www.slatterysonline.com) (http://www.slatterysonline.com) Please feel free to post any additional comments as you see fit.

Thanks again...

Scottie
11-10-2004, 9:31 PM
Rod,

Just wanted to drop a quick note of thanks for the time, effort and expense of putting together these forums. I agree that forums of this type allow for much better organization, navigation and information sharing than their mailing list counterparts. I have high hopes that many of the generous folks who frequent said mailing lists will find their way here.

I did a quick write-up of your site and the new forums on my blog. (www.slatterysonline.com) (http://www.slatterysonline.com) Please feel free to post any additional comments as you see fit.

Thanks again...
Dear Rod,
I have never used a forum before but am now hooked. This is a lot better than the mailing list

Regards,
Susan in Wadebridge
CFHS 9508
OPC for St Merryn, St Ervan, St Eval, St Mawgan
& St Columb Major
Parish Reconstruction up to 1881 on St Merryn, St Ervan, St Eval, St Mawgan
St Breock, Egloshayle, St Columb Major,
Padstow, St Issey, Little Petherick, Withiel,
St Wenn, St Kmessage=Dear Rod,
I have never used a forum before but am now hooked. This is a lot better than the mailing list

Regards,
Susan in Wadebridge
CFHS 9508
OPC for St Merryn, St Ervan, St Eval, St Mawgan
& St Columb Major
Parish Reconstruction up to 1881 on St Merryn, St Ervan, St Eval, St Mawgan
St Breock, Egloshayle, St Columb Major,
Padstow, St Issey, Little Petherick, Withiel,
St Wenn, St Kew, St Mabyn, St Tudy & St Columb Minor
http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]

Rod Neep
12-10-2004, 1:17 AM
Dear Rod,

Thanks....Now go back to the mailing lists and tell them the same, and encourage them to join us. :)

regards
Rod

June
12-10-2004, 4:46 AM
Yesterday morning it was around 350... then I made some announcements on our mailing lists. Then it suddenly grew, and is still growing :)
People are obviously seeing that this system is easy to navigate, and is going to be very useful.... and much more reliable than mailing lists.
All very gratifying, as I put a lot of time, money and effort into making it work. :cool:
regards
Rod
I have spent some time learning to navigate and look into the short cuts and I am very happy to join the forums...
Admittedly it seems a bit formidable at first, but a little time spent on exploring certainly pays off.
Being able to subscribe to forums and threads is a real bonus as far as I am concerned....and Yes! I am on dialup, though hoping to go broadband in the not too distant future.

June