PDA

View Full Version : Bates,Grimsby Lane -1841 Census look-up

Steve Linsell
05-03-2005, 9:29 PM
Hoping to find the Bates family at either 10 or 60 Grimsby Lane (Hard to decipher on marriage cert).I couldn't find Grimsby Lane on the microfilm edition at the library.Any help on this one would be much appreciated.

kdorey
07-03-2005, 4:07 PM
Hoping to find the Bates family at either 10 or 60 Grimsby Lane (Hard to decipher on marriage cert).I couldn't find Grimsby Lane on the microfilm edition at the library.Any help on this one would be much appreciated.

Steve could you enlighten us as to where the Grimsby Lane is that you are referring to?

Keith

Steve Linsell
07-03-2005, 9:38 PM
Marriage was in Holy Trinity parish,Hull,so i guess in that vicinity.

kdorey
08-03-2005, 3:55 PM

Steve,

Grimsby Lane in Hull was off Market Place, in the centre of the old town area.

White's Directory of 1840 shows a Frederick LEE at 10 Grimsby Lane, looking like proprietor of the Saddle of Mutton Public House. So I guess you will be looking for 60.

If you are interested in looking at photos of the area try typing Grimsby in to the search box at

http://prismdata.hullcc.gov.uk/gallery/albums.php

this will bring back several of Grimbsy Lane.

Sorry but I have not got the actual census to look at.

Regards

Keith