PDA

View Full Version : George and James SARVENT

Elizellen
24-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Hello everyone!

I have been researching my and my husbands ancestors (CLEAR/SARVENT/LAW/FORRESTER) for nearly a year now through a different ancestry website, looking mainly at census forms and the free BMD registers with some success.

I found this forum while looking for information about Methodist ministers which several census forms told me my great grandfather and great-great grandfather were and immediately registered!

I have been looking around and browsing, and from a link here I have already discovered the following information in Hill's Arrangement about my great grandfather and his father

Sarvent George (Born abt 1811, Bethnal Green, Middlesex)
United Methodist
Commenced 1856 died 1887

Sarvent, James (born 1846, Marylebone, Middlesex)
United Methodist
Commenced 1871 died 1919

I have already found some info from census records

George Sarvent lived in Halifax, Yorkshire in 1871 and Brandwood, Bacup, Lancashire in 1881

James Sarvent lived in Ilkeston, Derbyshire in 1881 and Sandbach, Cheshire in 1891but wonder if there is anywhere I can find out about which churches they were stationed at and any other information about their lives?

I am so excited to have found this forum and hope to be able to participate and help others eventually when i am more skilled in researching.

Waitabit
24-05-2009, 5:49 AM
This from a post by Peter Goodey lists both your Sarvent men.
George Sarvant 1856-1887
James Sarvant 1871-1919

http://www.library.manchester.ac.uk/specialcollections/collections/methodist/using/indexofministers/s/

Peter Goodey
24-05-2009, 6:13 AM
This from a post by Peter Goodey...

I don't think I could have found it again ;)

On the same site, this introductory page -
http://www.library.manchester.ac.uk/specialcollections/collections/methodist/using/indexofministers/

mentions various books that you might like to look for in your nearest reference library or record office.

Elizellen
24-05-2009, 8:46 PM
Thank you Waitabit and Peter |hug|

I shall get looking!

bob.sarvent
28-10-2009, 5:20 PM
It looks like I am the great grandson of the above - would love to get in touch.

bob DOT sarvent AT btinternet DOT com

bobby