PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Place c 1805 a carpenter

sueandgareth
18-05-2009, 5:47 AM
I am looking for a Thomas Place born c 1805. I have found him on census returns but cannot find any baptism for him. On all the census returns once he is working it says he is a carpenter.
He was married to an Eleanor Read and he died in the Union workhouse in Leytonstone Essex in 1883.
On one census it said he was born in Witney Oxfordshire but on all the other available census returns it says Marylebone as his place of birth.

I have really hit a brick wall on this and need help in finding his birth record so that I can move back another stage. I would also like to find any records re his job as a carpenter.

Sue

Procat
18-05-2009, 6:06 AM
I have locked this thread as it is virtually identical to this (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46148) one.

If you can assist Sue please do so on the linked thread.

Sandyhall
18-05-2009, 9:13 AM
I am looking for a Thomas Place born c 1805. I have found him on census returns but cannot find any baptism for him. On all the census returns once he is working it says he is a carpenter.
He was married to an Eleanor Read and he died in the Union workhouse in Leytonstone Essex in 1883.
On one census it said he was born in Witney Oxfordshire but on all the other available census returns it says Marylebone as his place of birth.

I have really hit a brick wall on this and need help in finding his birth record so that I can move back another stage. I would also like to find any records re his job as a carpenter.

Sue

If you don't have the marriage details you need to get them as this would give you more clues. If you do have them can you tell us what they say.
Sandy