PDA

View Full Version : Fred Taylor ..occupation.. Tailor

daisycakes
11-05-2009, 8:36 PM
Hi ...I have just received my paternal grandfather Charles William Taylor's (b 1874) ...marriage cert... to my grandmother Chrissie Mary Louisa in 1906 in Llanwnda... Goodwick.(( Full marks to GRO it took only 5 days including a weekend)) It states his father was Fred Taylor and he was a Tailor...I know my grandfather was born in Yorkshire.

I have searched the usual sites and found Fred Taylor in Skelmansthorpe on the 1881 census Rg 11 4374/127 page 34.. this Fred is a tailor and is with his wife Hannah and Mother in law Grace Hirst... but no child named Charles William .... He is the only Tailor I can find apart from... On the 1871 census /RG10/4766 page 9 there is a Frederick Taylor age 49 (( who is a Tailor.)) with his family and they have a son Fred aged 13... this would make him 3 years younger than appears in 1881. I am wondering if this is in fact the Fred thats on the 1881 census... If it is then where is my grandfather on the 1881 census...??????

Freds... Taylors.. and Tailor |help|

Could some kind person cast an eye over the above and perhaps see something I am missing... that is if it all makes sense:confused:

Thanks so much daisycakes :)

Geoffers
12-05-2009, 6:59 AM
Hi ...I have just received my paternal grandfather Charles William Taylor's (b 1874) ...marriage cert... to my grandmother Chrissie Mary Louisa in 1906 in Llanwnda... Goodwick....It states his father was Fred Taylor and he was a Tailor...

From the 1911 census return, where was Charles William Taylor born?

A three year difference in a census return from a later record is not that much; but with a name such as TAYLOR and a large county such as Yorkshire, it is as well to proceed with cuation.

daisycakes
12-05-2009, 9:23 AM
From the 1911 census return, where was Charles William Taylor born?

A three year difference in a census return from a later record is not that much; but with a name such as TAYLOR and a large county such as Yorkshire, it is as well to proceed with cuation.

Re the 1911 census...I am assuming ...((and I know it is not wise to assume in my family search obsession...my husband thinks I've emigrated when I disappear into my den)) because I cannot find them on the 1911 census... and Wales is not yet transcribed...they must have settled in Liverpool sometime after the 1911 census ((Liverpool is where my Mother and the rest of us come from))

I know he fought and was wounded in the Boer War... unfortunately I dont have any details.

On the marriage cert he is a fitter... living at what looks like The Laundry? Goodwick and his wife is living again cant quite make it out The Dyffroga. well thats my interpretation.:confused:

Like many others I cant wait for the 1911 Wales census to be online.

Regards daisycakes:)