PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Brown

annabel
27-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Hello, can anyone help me find any info on Jonathan Brown who was born in 1822 in Guernsey
The first mention I have of him is him getting married to my gg grandmother Eliza Fricker in Poole, Dorset in 1855 and there he stayed thereafter. He was described as a merchant mariner or seaman in the censuses.
What I would like to find out is when he came to Poole, and anything about him and his family as I have not been able to find out anything that I can say was him.

annabel
02-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Hello again, I realise that I had not put all my info.
Jonathan was born Dec 1822.
Can anyone suggest where I might find anything that would narrow down which Brown he might be in Guernsey, as I have nothing else to go on

georgiep
02-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi
There's a Charles Brown all through census born in Guernsey and stayed there, he was a hairdresser. I wondered if he could be Jonathon's brother?
1841 St Peterport (age rounded off)
Charles 20 hairdresser, Elizabeth 25, John 21 shoemaker, Louisa 15.

Cheers
Georgie

annabel
02-05-2009, 9:53 PM
Thanks for looking Georgie. It would be the right sort of ages to be siblings, but at the moment I have no idea if they are connected. I will have to look into it
Annabel

annabel
05-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I have just found the certificate for Jonathan's marriage and it says his dad was William Brown, a mariner. Would anyone be able to find any record of him on Guernsey?

- Jonathan Brown b 22/12/1822 in Guernsey father William, both mariners
birth from Masters' ticket which said he first went to sea in 1838