PDA

View Full Version : Problems accessing the IGI

carolp
25-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

To all my fellow researchers who kindly tried to help me when the IGI went down, I did take on board all your suggestions, and tried them out, but nothing happened! But suddenly for no reason at all, the IGI page appears to be normal again, so I am back in business, thank God.

There is another question I would like to put to you all, does anyone know the original name for someone who is called Queenie? Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards once again for your help,

Carol

Mutley
25-04-2009, 11:49 PM
I have heard it used for
Corrine, Kathleen and Irene, don't know why.
I suspect there are more ;)

MarkJ
26-04-2009, 12:12 AM
If you find access to a site happens again Carol, it might be worth trying setting your DNS servers to include an alternative. Usually, you have two DNS servers - both your ISP specified ones. However there are others which can be used (I don't use my ISP ones for example anyway). As long as you are happy with changing the DNS servers, then I can suggest alternatives - one of the alternatives, plus one of your ISP ones would be a good choice in such circumstances.
I won't give out the details on the forum - just in case someone tries changing things without understanding the basics of what they are doing (there is no real point changing unless you have problems or have a specific reason to do so) - but if you get this issue again, PM me and I will give you an alternative :)

Mark