PDA

View Full Version : BENJAMIN HART-USA AND UK DESCENDANTS

phillip
25-04-2009, 8:03 AM
I am researching the UK and American descendants of Benjamin Hart b unknown and died circa 1836 London - my 4x great grandfather. He was a clothier in Rosemary Lane and later 3 and 7 Hollywell Street in partnership with his son Lewis. The American Jewish First Families collection has a family tree listing the descendants of one of Benjamin's sons Michael Hart b 1803 d 1861 who was married to Francis Davis- this line includes their children:
Benjamin m Estelle Wright
Lewis
George m Helen Little
Sarah 1847-1889
Henry
Alfred 1848-1864
David m Rosalie Soher and their son Michael m Marie Leroy

Benjamin Hart's wife is unknown but I hold data on their children including John Hart my 3x great grandfather b 1796 d 1865 age 69 who married Elizabeth Jacobs ( father Henry Jacobs 1768-1865 - glass manufacturer).

I am particularly interested in tracing the American descendants and know from the US census that the familes were living in NY from the 1860s.
I will add further data on the UK descendants in further messages.

Some details of the children of Benjamin Hart can be seen in Doreen Berger The Jewish Victorian 1861-70;70-1881 and also on the JGSGB 1851 Census and the Genpals Cemetery Project- these include Benjamin's sons John,Michael, Lewis, Henry and daughter Rosa.

Rosa Hart married Henry Moses a clothier at 104 Leman Street and there is significant data on their children and their descendants.

Any researchers with interest in these lines are welcome to contact me.
Phillip