PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Hospital Mansfield Road? 1932.

doubting thomas
23-04-2009, 7:37 PM
My Auntie's birth certificate in the section "When and where born" says :-
"Bollin Maternity Hospital, Mansfield Road". I've Googled this but without success. Maybe the "Bollin" isn't right but the writing is quite clear.
Can anyone help with the location or re-naming etc. Thanks.

Neil Wilson
23-04-2009, 7:50 PM
Could this be Adbolton Hall, was Nottingham Hospital for Women until it closed in 1980 (opened as women's hospital 1945)

Mitch in Notts
24-04-2009, 6:51 PM
My Mother has just informed me that `The Firs` was a maternity hospital on Mansfield Road in the Woodthorpe area of the city, but shes not aware of it ever being called anything else.
You could try the Nottstalgia forum as they are good at coming up with suggestions.

Mitch

doubting thomas
01-05-2009, 7:22 PM
Thanks Mitch, will try that.

doubting thomas
06-05-2009, 9:50 PM
My Mother has just informed me that `The Firs` was a maternity hospital on Mansfield Road in the Woodthorpe area of the city, but shes not aware of it ever being called anything else.
You could try the Nottstalgia forum as they are good at coming up with suggestions.

Mitch

A partial success, it seems the hospital was called The Firs, but before that it was called "Collins maternity home". Looking again at the original birth certificate i suppose what i thought was a "B", could have been a fancy "C".There are no other capital C's on it so hard to say.

Just need to find out where "Collins" comes from now.

Mark.

Geoffers
06-05-2009, 10:10 PM
You might try searching the Hospital Records Database (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/hospitalrecords/?WT.lp=sa-33620) to see if there is anything obvious mentioned.

star*65
22-03-2010, 11:54 PM
I was born in the Firs Maternity Home. It is now converted into old people's flats.

There were Collins Almshouses in Nottingham, demolished a few years ago.

Adbolton Hall is at West Bridgford.

The Women's Hospital was on Peel Street, near the City Centre (my sister was born there in 1964). It has also been converted into flats.

sheilastain
23-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi Everyone
In fact there was a Collins Maternity hospital on Mansifield Road close to the Junction of Woodborough Road. I believe the building is now some sort of International Community Building. My father in law and his brothers were born there in 1920's. The Collins Alms Houses were on Collin St (back of Broadmarsh Centre) and were relocated to Derby Road Bramcote.
Hope this helps.

Sheila