PDA

View Full Version : Kentisbeare

Sue R
11-10-2004, 2:05 PM
I have Gggrandfather etc.born Kentisbeare - is it a town? How do I access Parish Records to investigate bmds pre 1837?

Terry
11-10-2004, 2:28 PM
Hi, yes Kentisbeare is a parish.

Sue R
15-10-2004, 7:12 AM
Thanks Terry, very much.

Sadly for overseas newbies such as myself, unless you can get it online (even if you have to pay whatever), finding anything out becomes very daunting. Even getting IRPs (now I know what they are!) is no simple matter, paying by cheque for things is impossible (we don't use them and money orders are out of the game altogether due to fees you pay to buy them), and communicating by snail-mail is too hard to even think about. Where I am in Oz is called 'remote' and we have to allow a week sometimes for Ozzie mail from Sydney even.
Thank God for email and credit cards!

But unfortunately the pre-1837 sources I've looked at so far seem to be pre-email and pre-credit card as well, for the most part. I just take one look at what the rigmarole is to get something, and become instantly daunted (to put it mildly!).

I suppose technology has made us all hungry for more technology. However, since I do remember when putting pen to paper was the ONLY way I'd better get over it....

I sincerely appreciate this (whatever its called) way of communication, though. I think you guys all do an awesome job.

Sue R