PDA

View Full Version : Catherine Winsloe, Parish of Swainswick

DBCoup
16-04-2009, 4:16 AM
My normal trawling technique has turned up a reference to Catherine Winsloe in the Parish of Swainswick.
The book which contains this reference is
The Annals of the Parish of Swainswick (near the City of Bath) by Robert Edward Myhill Peach

On page 21 appears the following
Mrs. CATHERINE WINSLOE died suddenly, December 28, 1802. Wife of Thomas Winsloe, Esq., of Twickenham, universally lamented.

Definitely my ancestor. There is a hint that there is something on the previous page which may also concern the Winsloes.

If anyone has access to this book and can check it for me or can check the Parish records for Swainswick, I would be most grateful. |hug|
daryl

birdlip
16-04-2009, 6:54 AM
Hi Daryl,

the full text of this book can be viewed online at the American Libraries site www.archive.org/details/americana

cheers birdlip

Peter Goodey
16-04-2009, 7:14 AM
The parish registers have been filmed by the mormons and can be viewed locally.

DBCoup
16-04-2009, 8:16 AM
Thanks Peter - now if I can only get my local FHC to actually deliver films - four months and counting without a film to read and that is including one I have had before. NEVER have I had to wait so long before, even when the film had to come from Utah. |5cups|
Thanks Birdlip That looks a useful site
The indication of a Winsloe reference on page 20 seems to be an indexing error BUT following on from the Catherine Winsloe entry is
Also died, ever to be lamented, November 27, 1805, Mrs Mary Stowey, sister of the above, and wife of James Stowey, Esq. of Taunton

So two finds in the one day|jumphappy
Thanks again to both of you
daryl